My Fictional Sports World - Houston Orbits

HyamesField

Hey all! I wanted to show you all another part of my fictional sports world, the National Baseball League. The 32 team league is the MLB of my world and I wanted to give you a small peak into one of them. I use OOTP for the simulations and have the entire 90 year running history of the league. 

After WWII ended in 1946, the U.S. government wanted to thank the Canadians for their involvement in war efforts. The NBL was going through another round of expansion as soldiers were coming home and through collaboration with the government, they chose to pick up the Canadian Baseball League's best team, the Toronto Reds (named after the color of the flag). The Reds play at Royal Bank of Canada Ballpark, known affectionately as "The Bank". After winning a World Series in 2012, they have fallen on very tough times of late. However, a young GM and sabermetric-savvy Manager are looking to turn this young team around.

TOR%20primary%20logo%20copy_zps0zzwa2zh.TOR%20secondary%20logo%20copy_zpsz2vhq0fCap%20logo%20copy_zpswijnjb7a.png

Now the uniforms...

Home%20primary%20uniform%20copy_zps1priqRoad%20primary%20uniform%20copy_zps8lkfoAlternate%20uniform%20copy_zpsuy3ajukl.pSecond%20alternate%20uniform%20copy_zpsz1946%20throwback_zpsthh3qz1m.png

1946 Throwback worn on D-Day invasion anniversary every year

Last but not least, my project for over thanksgiving break....

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-27%20at%201.35.3

TEAM GEAR! lol

Hope you enjoy it...

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-15%20at%201.39.3

Looks pretty good, I like the black jersey the best. However, I think you should change the color to a red that's more similar to the Canadian flag, because right now it looks more like an orange to me. Could just be my screen though :P 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

7 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

Looks pretty good, I like the black jersey the best. However, I think you should change the color to a red that's more similar to the Canadian flag, because right now it looks more like an orange to me. Could just be my screen though :P 

I think it might be your screen. It should be the red of the flag, I remember using the dropper to pick up the color. I'll double check on that

Just now, astone11 said:

I think it might be your screen. It should be the red of the flag, I remember using the dropper to pick up the color. I'll double check on that

Oh okay. I'm sure you're right on that then :P Nonetheless, it was just a minor nitpick. The rest of the set looks decent.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

OOTP is great for simulations. 

I like the uniforms, especially the home and the retro. 

Can we see some more teams from this league? I like your baseball concepts a lot and smaller concepts like this might be easier to do than colleges where you have to make several uniform sets. Also, if you don't mind, maybe a list of teams/champions or this year's results would be nice to see. Something to give the league some depth for presentation. 

Good job overall though. Looking forward to more. 

1 hour ago, ~Bear said:

OOTP is great for simulations. 

I like the uniforms, especially the home and the retro. 

Can we see some more teams from this league? I like your baseball concepts a lot and smaller concepts like this might be easier to do than colleges where you have to make several uniform sets. Also, if you don't mind, maybe a list of teams/champions or this year's results would be nice to see. Something to give the league some depth for presentation. 

Good job overall though. Looking forward to more. 

I love OOTP. I've gone almost exclusive to that and barely play any other video games. I've wanted to try their hockey simulation also.

So here is some background.. The league began in 1927 and the most historically powerful teams are the Baltimore Jays, Chicago Zephyrs, Brooklyn Robins, LA Halos, New York Empires and the Philadelphia Freedom. The most recent champion was the Phoenix Saguaros (my roommates team), their first championship. The league is split into two leagues (four divisions of eight). I have created all 32 team uniform sets, which showed how bored I was when I was away for summer ball. 

Here's another team for you...

The Anaheim Magic were an expansion team created in 1965. They have been owned by The Walt Disney Company and play at the Magic Ballpark at DisneyLand, right on the same campus that DisneyLand sits on. The Magic won the World Series in 2015, however regressed in 2016 to a .500 team. Their organizational philosophy is based around pitching, which shows in their league-leading ERA mark last season. They made a few free agent signings to bolster the offense this offseason, and hope their pitching is up to the task again.

Anaheim%20primary%20logo_zpsqscpagk3.pngAnaheim%20home%20uniform_zpsfosxjktl.pngAnaheim%20alternate%20uniform_zps7qcjyt9Anaheim%20road%20uniform_zpsdf82kybh.png

The Magic use the Walt Disney font across all uniforms and wordmarks!  

Just curious, how does Pro Football look in this universe?

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

12 hours ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Just curious, how does Pro Football look in this universe?

If we're being honest, I haven't put a lot of thought into it. I put so much work in to the college world and baseball one that I originally thought about just using real life football teams to cut the work down. However, at the end of the summer I did create all four major sports leagues. I used a lot of Veras' team names because I simply did not want to put a whole lot of work into it. It hasn't been something I focused on, but that could change in the future when I get some extra time.

12 hours ago, Darknes said:

Both Toronto and Anaheim look great, curious to see what New England area teams there are or if it's just Boston.

Just Boston, unfortunately. What cities were you thinking of? 

2 hours ago, ~Bear said:

What are the teams in this NBL? I think a list could help answer some questions with locations and formats. 

Here we go...

Federal League East

Brooklyn Robins

Baltimore Jays

Detroit Drive

Montreal Voyageurs 

Wisconsin Brews 

Chicago Zephyrs

Toronto Reds 

Twin Cities Loggers

FL West

California Cubs 

Los Angeles Halos 

Texas Lonestars 

Vancouver Spirits

Colorado Royals

Kansas City Stars

San Antonio Rangers

Seattle Rainiers 

National League East

Atlanta Heat

Washington Federals

Philadelphia Freedom

New York Empires

Miami Pirates

Boston Patriots

Carolina Cougars

Pittsburgh Barons

NL West

Anaheim Magic

Cincinnati Steamers

Indianapolis Sharks (my "team", created when I was very young when I was bored at church, too stubborn to change the name)

Phoenix Saguaros (my roommates "team")

San Diego Captains

St. Louis Flyers

Las Vegas Aces (I know, of course right?)

Houston Orbits 

I'll show you guys the Orbits or Heat next.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of the powerhouse schools in the universe: Lonestar State U (Dallas), Hollywood U, Pacific U (San Fran), Florida, Chicago State, New York U, Midway (STL), Ohio among others

SMU is in a bit of a change right now - they are moving conferences in 2018. Right now, I'd say Chicago State is their biggest rival since both have been really good the past 5 years or so. Historically, they are rivals with Detroit but a recent downswing in DU's programs have put out the fire a bit. SMU and Michigan (located in Lansing in this world) will probably become big time rivals in the new conference. 

Archived