Snapchat Geofilters

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here are the two of mine that are currently in-use. I'm de-activating the "Lew"(Lewiston, ME) one for a better design soon. It was made a while back when the geo-filters were just being accepted and I rushed so I'd be the first one accepted in the area. Not entirely happy with it, but it is what it is. The Poland one has text on it because I had to swipe it off someone's snap story. Once I get the new Lewiston one done I'll post it here too.

LewistonSnap.jpg

PolandSnap.jpg

14 minutes ago, eRay said:

So here are the two of mine that are currently in-use. I'm de-activating the "Lew"(Lewiston, ME) one for a better design soon. It was made a while back when the geo-filters were just being accepted and I rushed so I'd be the first one accepted in the area. Not entirely happy with it, but it is what it is. The Poland one has text on it because I had to swipe it off someone's snap story. Once I get the new Lewiston one done I'll post it here too.

LewistonSnap.jpg

PolandSnap.jpg

Those are both really good! How do you deactivate a filter though? I didn't know you could do that.

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

Just now, XenonDesigns said:

Those are both really good! How do you deactivate a filter though? I didn't know you could do that.

Well, I haven't logged in to the snapchat geofilter site in a while but there used to be a thing next to the filters that you created that would let you deactivate, or retire them. That way you or someone else could submit a new one. 

14 hours ago, eRay said:

Well, I haven't logged in to the snapchat geofilter site in a while but there used to be a thing next to the filters that you created that would let you deactivate, or retire them. That way you or someone else could submit a new one. 

If you email the Snapchat support team, you are able to take down your own filter. There should be a link on the main Snapchat website.

2 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Thinking about submitting this one. I made it pretty quickly, but what do you think? Because it has words invisible on this background, I included an example.

Snapchat Geofliter.pngSnapchat Geofilter Ex.png

I recommend that you add some sort of black outline or drop shadow (a black drop shadow would look cleaner) to the text, as they'll never accept it the way you have it right now.

5 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

If only you could make a geofilter for your campus, @TheGiantsFan. I'm a Bay Area native and have always loved that CSUMB uses an otter as their mascot.

I actually have made a filter for CSUMB, back in August, actually~ :)

28706607563_3c0757c005_c.jpg

I've also made a filter for several buildings on this campus, which include my residence hall and the library, among other places.

(We do indeed have some pretty interesting mascots in this area, indeed: my school's Otters and UC Santa Cruz's Banana Slugs. Haha...)

3 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

So I'm trying to submit a filter for the business center at my school. I have made it the required width of 1080 px, but it says it has to be 1920 px tall. No clue how to do this without skewing the hell out of my design. Any help?

What I do is I make the design, then resize it on paint, and then use pixlr online to make it transparent and save that to my computer.

Parsons is my dude.

Here are two that I've created for Columbus, Ohio; the second being of my school's prominent Art Sculpture that towers over our campus quad.

SciotoMile_Filter.png

Scioto Mile | Columbus, OH

Art.png

Columbus College of Art & Design | Columbus, OH

15 hours ago, theep3 said:

What I do is I make the design, then resize it on paint, and then use pixlr online to make it transparent and save that to my computer.

Would you mind PMing me some screenshots of this process? I made mine in Inkscape. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived