mgdmhl

Hawaii's really nice.  I love the green and gray at home and I'd dump the black in favor of gray on the road.  And I love your idea on the alt, but I'd rather it be green...or even gray.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, mgdmhl said:

Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (current uniform)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4746.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4747.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4748.JPG

-Got rid of wordmark on pants and subtle patterns/logos on uniform

-Changed tribal pattern on uniform

-White and green helmets are glossy. Black helmet is matte with chrome decals and facemask.

-They are called the 'Rainbow Warriors' so it only makes sense to have a rainbow on at least one of the uniforms.

Up Next: Houston

Really like this! I'm still pining for the JJ/Colt Nike uniforms but this is easily the best look since that one. The rainbow look on black looks a little strange to me. They have always used it with green and for some reason it really works well. 

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

5 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

In terms of the rainbow, I think that's an all-or-nothing look; those jerseys/pants/helmets would have to be worn all together, and never with anything else, because it would just clash too much.

Of course all the black for Hawaii would be worn together. I'm just too lazy to move and edit stuff around on the template just for the pants on each set. But for other teams it might be ok to mix-and-match. 

JeKhnr9.png

Houston Cougars (current uniform)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4749.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4750.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4751.JPG

-Got rid of their new sleeve stripes that look too similar to Wisconsin and Nebraska

-Add subtle cougar logo to sleeve

-Both helmets are glossy

-Add new blue uniform (They have blue as an official school color and the cougar logo but they rarely use either. I wanted to make sure both are being used)

Up Next: Indiana

JeKhnr9.png

I hope you keep going with these. Your designs have just the right amount of character to them. 

That being said, I can't help but feel that this Houston set leaves a lot to be desired. I do like that you're bringing navy back into the fold, but I think there's more you can do here to put it on par with your previous work.

Midway.png

Indiana Hoosiers (current uniforms)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4752.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4753.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4754.JPG

-IU logo helmets are both glossy; 3rd helmet is red chrome with chrome facemask and Indiana flag 

-3rd pants have over sized logo like Miss St

-Liked the 'Candy Stripes' uniforms they wore this year so I kept with the same theme

-Have 3 stripes throughout the uniform. I originally wanted to have them a little thicker but it would have been too wide on the pants

Up Next: Kansas

JeKhnr9.png

• 4 weeks later...

Kansas Jayhawks (current uniform)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4755.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4756.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4757.JPG

-Not sure if the blue helmet should be glossy or satin, white helmet is glossy

-Modeled uniforms after these Kansas basketball uniforms

-Got rid of all the chrome and all the Trajan font (except for the 'KU' logo) 

-The sleeve and neck collars wouldn't fit 2 colors and still look good, so I only used one on the collars and put the second color on outside of the collar on the jersey

Up Next: Louisville 

JeKhnr9.png

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been getting much feedback on the last couple posts. If I'm not going to get much feedback I'll just end this thread. With that said, hopefully this concept will get some more feedback... 

Louisville Cardinals (current uniforms)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4758.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4759.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4760.JPG

-Basically brought back the Teddy Bridgewater era uniforms

-Both helmets are glossy; black helmet is meant to be similar to the style of this 2015 Virginia helmet

-Got rid of the Adidas template wing/feather 

-Didn't mind their new red chrome helmet they got in 2016 but it just didn't fit with the style of this concept

Up Next (maybe): Nevada

JeKhnr9.png

I agree with @Midway.  Don't let the amount of feedback affect your output. Sometimes it takes a while for threads to even get noticed. 

---

IMHO, I'm not really feeling the black numbers.  I've always viewed black as more of an accent color with Louisville, as opposed to a secondary color, like with Georgia. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nevada Wolf Pack (current uniforms)

Home Uniform:

IMG_4761.JPG

Away Uniform:

IMG_4762.JPG

Alternate Uniform:

IMG_4763.JPG

-Got rid for the old Nike Miami numbers (which looked terrible on Nevada) 

-Added a unique interlocking diamond pattern throughout the uniforms

-White helmet is glossy, blue helmet is satin (like this), third helmet is chrome with "blue chrome" logo and facemask

Up next: Northern Illinois

JeKhnr9.png

Archived