Winnipeg Fury soccer concept

nas1787

So I've been working on various Canadian soccer ideas over the past few years, many of which have been posted on these boards at one time or another. With the Canadian Premier League becoming an increasing reality, I've been revisiting some of my ideas. I completed this concept awhile ago, but never posted it. I thought I'd throw it up now and see what you think.

The Winnipeg Fury were a team in the old Canadian Soccer League from the 1980s, and I really wanted to try and use their existing identity as a basis here. Here are a few images of what they looked like back then.

WinnipegFuryCSL.GIF 1371922322.jpg mbokrk.jpg

I really liked the wordmark, so I just went about updating it a bit. I also liked the chest stripe on the first kit there, so tried to utilize some striping in the kits myself. I've been using the first kit template below for a while now, but one thing I didn't like about it is that it is hard to visualize what the entire thing looks like when on a person. For that reason I've created the second player model template seen here. I'd appreciate any feedback you have on the concept and the templates. Thanks!

M8qHt1f.jpg

On 22/11/2016 at 9:10 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I like it! Really nice design choices and nice update to the wordmark. The chest design really gives it its "own thing", and I think is the biggest strength to this concept. Well done!

Thanks Fins

On 22/11/2016 at 10:58 PM, raysox said:

The ONLY thing I would change is lining up the red band on the back ribbon with the top of the F. Otherwise, fantastic

That's a good call. I'll give that a try.

Archived