LOGOLYMPIAD 2016 - Closing Ceremonies

pollux

vrWROCB.png

It’s been six weeks already since the start of Logolympiad 2016. It’s now time to finish the competition by rewarding a few members that have shown consistence and excellence throughout 10 events.

This year’s competition was 177 entries by 47 different members, 18 of which won at least a medal. I also compiled 450 votes, and 9 members have voted for all ten events.

Just like last year, four members have succeeded this year in entering all events, which is no small feat for anyone. These members can (and should) now sport a very unique badge, joining nas1787 from Logolympiad 2014, and officeglenn, OmegaRed, panthers_2012, and Whittier S from Logolympiad 2015, to show that they entered in all events. So ODUMonarchs, Pulv!, and rsaline, congratulations! And major congratulations to panthers_2012, who becomes the first member to enter all ten events on two different years!

CxpIxxZ.png . 33QoUYi.png . uBoZUlU.png . jCMXRTJ.png

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Onto the hardware now!

IA3qxcA.png

With two bronze medals and two silver medals in this year’s Logolympiad, @dsaline97 finishes 3rd overall in the medals standings!

YpnYeL2.png

With a silver and two gold medals, it’s a 2nd place overall for @TRoyConcepts!

bqHUwMN.png

And with three gold medals, this year’s winner is @tpat13!

Congratulations to all three for the podium of the Medals Standings!

Now onto the Points Standings!

In third position overall, with 95 points, @Mockba!

In second position overall, with 107 points, @rsaline!

And the winner of the points standings, with 109 points, @72freebie!

CTnIKwC.png . lALizTu.png . qG3b3mu.png

Once again, thanks for everyone who participated and/or voted! You make this event what it currently is!

I want to hear from you! What did you like? Which event did you like most/least? Any suggestions for future Logolympiads?

And with this, Logolympiad 2016 is now… CLOSED!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

31 minutes ago, 72freebie said:

how can I make my medals and banner show up under my posts in my signature? I did it last year bit I cant remember how. Also thank you to everyone who voted for me, this really is a great honor.

Desktop or mobile? On desktop, click on your icon on the top right, then Account Settings, then Signature. You can check where you hosted last year's medals and banner, and do the same.

I don't know how on mobile.

39 minutes ago, pollux said:

Desktop or mobile? On desktop, click on your icon on the top right, then Account Settings, then Signature. You can check where you hosted last year's medals and banner, and do the same.

I don't know how on mobile.

I just clicked on the picture and downloaded it to my phone and attached it to my signature. Thanks for everyone who voted in this Logolympiad. I had a blast again!!! Can't wait till next year! 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Thanks for hosting this @pollux. Had a lot of fun, and I did a lot better this time around :P

The one thing that I was thinking is for the company logo, maybe you could turn it into a company logo redesign. Like find a bad company logo in real life, and let the event objective be to redesign it.

The only reason I'm suggesting this is because every year it seems we have to do a logo for a company in a movie, and since I haven't seen either of the movies those companies were featured in, it was hard to come up with ideas for the logo.

Nonetheless, that's just a small gripe, Logolympiad as a whole is fantastic :) 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• pollux unpinned this topic
  • 10 months later...

@hettinger_rl @Whittier S @Jake3.roo

I haven't had time to prepare one yet this year. After running it 5 times, I know I wouldn't be able to wing it even if I tried to. I'll still try to get something done this year, but I can't promise anything.

I'm happy to see that there is still interest for the competition :)

52 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

With 5 years under your belt and 10 events per year, what if you re-hashed the best 2 events from each one, assuming they don't overlap too much? It'd be makeshift for sure, but it would allow for a logolympiad this year, nonetheless.. Just a thought

Logolympiad the Lightning Round, just the most popular from each year. :D

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived