Minnesota High School Hockey Jersey Redesign (Suburban East Conference 4/8)

EJaws

Hey guys, EJaws here. Im deciding to start a Minnesota High School hockey redesign. Ill be starting with the Metro East conference and we will go from there!

LETS MEET THE TEAMS/PLAY HOCKEY!

Hastings Raiders [Royal Blue & Gold]

Henry Sibley Warriors [Red & Las Vegas Gold?]

Hill Murray Pioneers [Green & Black]

Mahtomedi Zephyrs [Navy & Gold]

North St Paul Polars [ Red & White]

Simley Spartans [Blue & Red]

South St Paul Packers [Maroon & White]

St. Thomas Academy Cadets [Blue & White]

Tartan Titans [Black & Blue]

To Begin this project i started with remaking the Conference logo. I decide i needed to remake it when the only image I could find was 90x79. I really like the way this logo was going, so I tried to clean it up a bit. OLD LOGO->logo.gif.c34c06f0cc5a21375ca9c73a109b7b3f.gif

NEW LOGO->Metro East.png

CC is appreciated

The first team on the list is the Hasting Raiders. Hastings has always been near or at the bottom of the standing as they were this year going 4-8 in conference play and 6-19 overall. For this design I just gave Hastings a 5 stripe pattern on the arms and on the stomach. 

Minnesota State High School League [MSHSL] rules will apply as the Home team must wear white.

HOME

HastingsHome.png

AWAY

HastingsAway.pngCC is appreciated!

s we continue down the list the next team is the Henry Sibley Warriors. Let me put it this way, they flat out suck. This year the Warriors went 2-10 in Metro East play and 7-18 overall. I had a bit trouble deciding what to do for Henry Sibley because i couldnt make the "Las Vegas Gold?" beige or what ever you want to call it work. I gave the jerseys a black outline to try and help the beige/gold stand out...

HOME

HenrySibleyHome.png

AWAY

HenrySibleyAway.pngCC is appreciated!

The 3rd team on the list is the Hill-Murray Pioneers. If you follow Minnesota High School hockey at all, you probably have heard of them. The Pioneers are always atop of the Conference. Last year they went 15-8-2 and 9-1-1 to win the conference for the 40th time. Hill-Murrays colors are green, black, and white, but I added some yellow as a small nod to when it was just Hill High School before they merged with Archbishop Murray Memorial High School in the early 70s

HOME

HMHome.pngAWAY

HMAway.pngCC is appreciated!

HILL MURRAY SUCKS!!! GO BEARS!!!

Well the team does not your concept... :P

I do like the gold and striping pattern, but I don't like the old Wild number font. It doesn't really fit Hill...

Also, you logo for the Metro East Conference needs the Northwest angle of Minnesota... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

HILL MURRAY SUCKS!!! GO BEARS!!!

Well the team does not your concept... :P

I do like the gold and striping pattern, but I don't like the old Wild number font. It doesn't really fit Hill...

Also, you logo for the Metro East Conference needs the Northwest angle of Minnesota... 

Oh well . . . . this is awkward . . . . . I actually go to Hill! Its pretty cool that some one "close" is seeing what im doing. I'm thinking about doing the Suburban East conference next, so sick around for that!

PS: I'll see you on December 22 at 7pm

The Mahtomedi Zephyrs are always in the top half of the conference standings and have become one of the best 1A schools in the state, making the Tourney in 2015. Last year they went 7-2-2 in the conference and 16-6-3 overall. The Zephyrs have been using the U of Minnesota "M" the past few years so i decided to  keep it on both of these jerseys. I made the away jersey because, non of the teams in the Metro East have a shade of yellow in their color palette that they could pull off, and I think it turned out all right.

HOME

MahtomediHome.png

AWAY

MahtomediAway.png

CC is appreciated!

8 minutes ago, StaatsBrett said:

It's a conference  south suburban  conference  but the  burnsville blaze  would be cool 

Burnsville, Eagan, BOTH Lakevilles, Farmington, Eagan?!?! I am drooling at this conference. SO MUCH CREATIVITY!  Definitely going to do this.

starting right now

1 minute ago, EJaws said:

Burnsville, Eagan, BOTH Lakevilles, Farmington, Eagan?!?! I am drooling at this conference. SO MUCH CREATIVITY!  Definitely going to do this.

starting right now

And  shokkepe eastview apple Valley  

http://i.imgur.com/4gh4ZhB.png http://i.imgur.com/DmN6VqA.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103365-star-based-championship-signatures-by-request/

So I've decided that after I complete the Metro East Conference, I will move on to these other confereces South Suburban [Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Eastview, Farmington, Lakeville North, Lakeville South, Prior Lake, Rosemount, & Shakopee], Lake [Eden Prairie, Edina, Minnetonka, Hopkins, & Wayzata] and Suburban East [ Cretin-Durham Hall, East Ridge, Forest Lake, Mounds View, Park, Roseville, Stillwater, White Bear Lake, and Woodbury.

The Polars from North St Paul are next on the list. The Polars are most of the time in the middle of the conference, but last year was a down one. As they finished 4-9 in Metro East play and 5-20 overall. I wanted a team with a "simple and classic/vintage look" so I gave North a sash and some script font.

HOME

NorthHome.png

AWAY

NorthAway.png

CC is appreciated!

That Mahtomedi yellow sweater is fantastic!!! 

PS: No you won't... I don't actually go to White Bear, (If you couldn't tell by my profile pic, I go to CA.) but I do root for the Bears cause I live in WBL and know a lot of people who go there too. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, EJaws said:

So I've decided that after I complete the Metro East Conference, I will move on to these other confereces South Suburban [Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Eastview, Farmington, Lakeville North, Lakeville South, Prior Lake, Rosemount, & Shakopee], Lake [Eden Prairie, Edina, Minnetonka, Hopkins, & Wayzata] and Suburban East [ Cretin-Durham Hall, East Ridge, Forest Lake, Mounds View, Park, Roseville, Stillwater, White Bear Lake, and Woodbury.

What, no Southeast Minnesota? I know we suck at hockey, but we're not all bad...

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

12 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

What, no Southeast Minnesota? I know we suck at hockey, but we're not all bad...

I have finished all teams for the Metro East. I've done 3/11 in South Suburban, and have done 1/5 in the Lake. I'll be getting there eventually, leaving the metro area.

Any conference you would like me to do in the southwest?

1 minute ago, EJaws said:

I have finished all teams for the Metro East. I've done 3/11 in South Suburban, and have done 1/5 in the Lake. I'll be getting there eventually, leaving the metro area.

Any conference you would like me to do in the southwest?

Well I would say the Big 9 conference but that got broken up last year...honestly you don't have to do a thing, I'm just loving the concepts you're coming up with!

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

So i think im going to stop with the team history stuff and just do jersey details

but no matter, here are the Simley Spartans! The Spartans have pretty bland jerseys and I wanted to spice things up a bit, so i did the 1st thing that came to my mine. Barber Shop Pole Overload. These are one of my favorite jerseys that I have made so far.

HOME

SimleyHome.png

AWAY

SimleyAway.png

CC is appreciated!

So your designs for the mist part, are quite strong. However, I feel that certain parts, for some reason don't work. Granted, that is less on the designs, but more on the template itself. Also, I'd recommend putting the conference logo either opposite the captain patch, or on one of the shoulders.

For the Simoey away, I'd make the the logo white, because it blends in too much with the jersey itself

That's what- She

Archived