Hoovuh

My First NHL Concept Series *Series Complete*

Nice job. Love Columbus and Arizona especially. Never really thought of how good that old Coyote head looks on the front of a uni. 

This concept coming in from Edmonton is loosely based on the alternate jersey that they had in the early 2000s. My favorite Oilers uniform scheme for some reason, so I wanted to create a concept for if the team decided to rebrand back to that color scheme.

46LMw1T.png

I'm kind of being a traditionalist here, but the oilers jersey would be a great alternate, but not a primary. Switching the blue and orange would be a great jersey.

For the second set, I have no complaints. Good stuff.

The shoulder stripes look a bit out of place for the Blue Jackets. I think a solid shoulder yolk or none at all  would be better. There are enough stripes on the jersey as it is.

The Oilers look good, but I don't think that they need much of an update. I understand that you want to try something new with them, but they aren't a very modern team and I think

that there are several traditional styles that haven't been used that would suit them better.

On the flip side, Colorado has the opposite problem. The Avs are definitely a more modern team, but they have so little going on here. It's too bad you changed the blue to navy. Now they just look kinda dull. The colors are so dark that they don't really stand out. The navy blends right into the burgundy. Plus the designs have no pizazz to them. They remind me of  recolored Dallas sweaters. I  know that you said that you wanted to imitate their stadium series look, but  as a primary set these don't have much personality to them. Also, you chose the least interesting logo for their main crest. The awesome ''A'' logo or even the new ''Rockies'' knockoff  logo would liven it up a lot.

Hurricanes, Hawks, and Flames are all good.

Bruins are very good. I hate the design they used for their outdoor game, but by inserting some white, you make it a decent sweater.

Buffalo could use some white on the blue jersey, but it won't kill the look if you don't.

The Coyotes dark jersey could use a white outline around the logo. The red side of the coyote head blends right into the rest of the uniform.

Otherwise, nice job. I look forward to seeing the rest of your concepts.

1 hour ago, Snow_Monster said:

The shoulder stripes look a bit out of place for the Blue Jackets. I think a solid shoulder yolk or none at all  would be better. There are enough stripes on the jersey as it is.

The Oilers look good, but I don't think that they need much of an update. I understand that you want to try something new with them, but they aren't a very modern team and I think

that there are several traditional styles that haven't been used that would suit them better.

On the flip side, Colorado has the opposite problem. The Avs are definitely a more modern team, but they have so little going on here. It's too bad you changed the blue to navy. Now they just look kinda dull. The colors are so dark that they don't really stand out. The navy blends right into the burgundy. Plus the designs have no pizazz to them. They remind me of  recolored Dallas sweaters. I  know that you said that you wanted to imitate their stadium series look, but  as a primary set these don't have much personality to them. Also, you chose the least interesting logo for their main crest. The awesome ''A'' logo or even the new ''Rockies'' knockoff  logo would liven it up a lot.

Hurricanes, Hawks, and Flames are all good.

Bruins are very good. I hate the design they used for their outdoor game, but by inserting some white, you make it a decent sweater.

Buffalo could use some white on the blue jersey, but it won't kill the look if you don't.

The Coyotes dark jersey could use a white outline around the logo. The red side of the coyote head blends right into the rest of the uniform.

Otherwise, nice job. I look forward to seeing the rest of your concepts.

Thanks for the comments! Ill be doing a revisit for some of the concepts at the end of the series and Ill be sure to hit some of your critiques in it.

13 minutes ago, DCBayernfan28 said:

As an Oilers fan I think you did an amazing job with them. I like the idea that you brought back those navy blue sweaters 

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Hoovuh said:

vQCaOOe.png

WoBcFY3.png

Great job again! I'd keep the sun details, but change the away yoke to red, and swap the red and blue on the hem.

6 minutes ago, Hoovuh said:

W2Ze5wL.png

Looks much better, although I'd still switch the blue and red on the white jersey's hem.

LOVE what you did with the panthers, the sun rays on the yoke give the jerseys a Florida vibe and would be something unique in the NHL. This might just be me,  but I think that the sun rays on the yokes could also symbolize claws of a panther. keep up the good work!

15 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Looks much better, although I'd still switch the blue and red on the white jersey's hem.

Here it is with the switched hems! Completely overlooked the second part of your comment before hurrying back to edit the set lol. I made two more versions. One with the red numbers and nameplate, and then one with it switched to blue.

LEubo4T.png

f4mIKjH.png

11 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

LOVE what you did with the panthers, the sun rays on the yoke give the jerseys a Florida vibe and would be something unique in the NHL. This might just be me,  but I think that the sun rays on the yokes could also symbolize claws of a panther. keep up the good work!

Thanks! I agree about the this set. I went through about 4 different conceptualizations before settling on this one. Also I thought about the sun rays as panther claws as well!

4 hours ago, Hoovuh said:

f4mIKjH.png

I think the blue back looks better. The other version is too red dominant. Maybe throw a red outline on the blue names/numbers?

I love the Anaheim and Arizona ones and of course Florida ?.

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to go about doing my jerseys  (I want to use a more realistic template and I'm getting closer, still a novice though.)

You're giving me some good ideas and inspiration with these so keep it up!

Couple of days since my last concept, so I have two for you all today!

First one is the Los Angeles Kings. I wanted to bring back the 'forum blue' and yellow, but couldnt bring myself to it. Black and White (and grey) are here to stay, although I bring back the style of jersey that was used for those jerseys. Also brought back the good Kings logo and not the shield they use now.

PiILtcw.png

Minnesota is up next. Cant say that this is entirely my original work as it is inspired by a design done by Matt Mcelroy. Consistency in a Minnesota set is what I think is needed for the Wild look. The wheat color is also used in place of white for the away jersey, similar to the Yotes.

yxyALh2.png

Lets hear that C&C!

These are all very nice, great job! Honestly I can't believe this is your first concept series on here, all of them are nearly perfectly executed.