My First NHL Concept Series *Series Complete*

Hoovuh

5 minutes ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

Interesting...I like it as a new look. But I can't see the Penguins ever using a Steel pattern or grey in general. Also, V2 is better.

3 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

V2 for sure. Interesting.

I agree with the Interesting for sure haha. Just wanted to try something I have never seen anyone really do with the team.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of concepts for today!

First we have the San Jose Sharks. I was really really tempted to do a modernization of their set, using the new Sharks logo that they released for the Los Tiburones. Ultimately, I decided to do a new look with a glimpse of the past for the team. Orange is gone, and grey is here.

NZiq1iB.png

St Louis' Winter Classic jersey was gorgeous. So I decided to base a set around that, while also keeping the double blue alive.

9WS6hYy.png

Interesting look for the Blues! It's definitely not bad how it is, but I'd fix up a couple things. It would probably balance out on the on the full uniform, but only having the dark blue on the collar and numbers doesn't work for only the jersey. I'd add small navy blue cuffs and make the blue note navy on the home jersey. I'd also change the numbers' colouring to how it is on their current set.

The Sharks are perfect besides using a more traditional name and number font and adding a white outline to the logo.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

San Jose's home uni is great, but the teal and black don't contrast enough on the away.

For St. Louis, i agree with @ldconcepts that there should be navy cuffs, or the collar looks out of place. You could also make the collar yellow and/or white. That being said, the blues would be one of the best-looking teams in the league if they adopted your jerseys. Keep up the good work!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

On 1/21/2017 at 10:07 PM, ldconcepts said:

Interesting look for the Blues! It's definitely not bad how it is, but I'd fix up a couple things. It would probably balance out on the on the full uniform, but only having the dark blue on the collar and numbers doesn't work for only the jersey. I'd add small navy blue cuffs and make the blue note navy on the home jersey. I'd also change the numbers' colouring to how it is on their current set.

The Sharks are perfect besides using a more traditional name and number font and adding a white outline to the logo.

On 1/21/2017 at 10:12 PM, NoE38 said:

San Jose's home uni is great, but the teal and black don't contrast enough on the away.

For St. Louis, i agree with @ldconcepts that there should be navy cuffs, or the collar looks out of place. You could also make the collar yellow and/or white. That being said, the blues would be one of the best-looking teams in the league if they adopted your jerseys. Keep up the good work!

Updates for you both!

OcR4hMY.png

mnuebEj.png

The next two concepts are for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Oops, meant that one is the Tampa Bay Lightning (since their current jerseys look similar, if nobody caught that bad joke). First we have Tampa. I kept the basic layout of the teams set alone, however I added a stormy grey into the color scheme as well as changed up the blue used.

oSOESxD.png

Now for the actual Toronto concept. I didnt want to stray too far from the classic designs the Leafs have had in the past, but also wanted to change it up a little bit. I moved the striping pattern up the arm and it extends onto the shoulder yoke.

tFYOoCK.png

Taking a quick break from the main sets, I am happy to present the jerseys for my Centennial Classic which takes place in Montreal. Montreal vs Toronto is always a special matchup and I couldnt think of any two teams that are better fit to play.

Montreal takes inspiration from the infamous barber pole set, however it is more simplified and not an eyesore. Toronto's set is very basic and takes inspiration from the Toronto Arenas jerseys they had during the 1917-1918 season.

nOitJzk.png

When the Vancouver Canucks AHL Affiliate, the Utica Comets presented their 3rd jersey, I immediately thought that the Canucks should adopt the look. Its a great jersey look, so here it is.

dkqCDIE.png

Vegas Golden Knights. Such a lame name, but it has already been chosen by the NHL. So I gotta make a concept for it. Went for the 4 color color scheme that is featured on the helmet logo. Typically I find that is one two many colors for a set, but I think it works here.

jwLa6ha.png

14 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

Not a fan of the stick-in-the-rink. It's too boring of a logo to be a primary. I'd rather see the orca (or at least the full-body Canuck). 

The jersey itself is good though. 

Was debating which one to do. Liked the look of the stick-in-the-rink a bit better. But here is the orca!

csgCgCI.png

That Vegas home jersey is a thing of beauty, I'd love to see that worn by them, but the road jersey is a bit busy. If you changed the gray stripe on that one to white it would look much better. I'd also recommend angling the yokes to match the stripes so they don't clash, or even remove them all together. 

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

9 hours ago, Bpoe96 said:

That Vegas home jersey is a thing of beauty, I'd love to see that worn by them, but the road jersey is a bit busy. If you changed the gray stripe on that one to white it would look much better. I'd also recommend angling the yokes to match the stripes so they don't clash, or even remove them all together. 

gEZvVqt.png

Today is a happy and sad day for me because this will be the last update for the thread! Washington and Winnipeg are done, so this series is at its end. I would like to thank everyone who commented, and gave great C&C to me. Your help has made me better at doing these types of things. Look out in the near future for a new series by me!

dHsCSC5.png

rNuwzTb.png

Archived