8BW14

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

Tremendous job on all these, especially Iowa. One quick thing that jumped out is the logo on WSU's pants

I had to look at the pants a couple times to see what you meant. I shouldn't have flipped the logo. I was just wanting the cougar to face forward. I wasn't even thinking about the letters being legible. Thanks for pointing that out.

On 12/2/2016 at 1:30 PM, 8BW14 said:

First off, I have come up with a list of schools that I'd like to redesign during this project and It's in the OP if anyone would like to take a look. I also have new uniform redesign too. This one was actually pretty tough for me because what Northwestern is currently sporting is actually pretty solid and I love the way they use their stripes across the chest, Montreal Canadiens-style. Originally, I had approached this design with totally getting rid of black on their uniforms in mind, but as it went on, I kept going back to black, but I also liked the very clean look of just using purple and white exclusively, for the most part, so I included a home uniform with black accents and depending on the popular opinion I will either go sans black or add some black to the rest of the uniforms as well.

northwestern football home.png

northwestern football road.png

northwestern football alt.png

Aside from dropping any and all traces of black from the uniforms, I stayed pretty close to what NW has been wearing recently. I did add a full stripe to the pants and changed the number font to a more traditional block font. I know some people will hate this but I deliberately went with the grey facemask on the helmet to add to the vintage feel of this look. The grey alternate may be for the sake of it but regardless, I think it looks very sharp and gives the team a number of mix and match options that will still be a part of a cohesive look.

Now last but not least is basically the same design as above, only with a significant amount of black and like I said above, if the black is preferred by most everybody, I'll go back and use it as the primary look.

northwestern football home 2.png

Well thanks for taking the time to have a look and I appreciate any feedback or C&C. Thanks again. 

I really like your Northwestern set, but if I could make a suggestion, I think you should use grey stripes on both the purple and white jerseys, which would allow white numbers to be easier to read on the purple jerseys and purple numbers easier to read on the white jerseys.. For the grey jerseys, I really like what you've done here, but I'd flip the numbers to white.. 

In other words, I think it would help the overall look of the set if you try to keep the stripes and jersey more similar in color, and allow the numbers to be the detail with the greatest contrast..

SO- i love iowa. lemme say that. but just flip the washington state pants logo, because it is made up of the letters WSU, so flipping it backwards screws that up. Great job though. i like these. by the way, any chance i could get my hands on the template? I can never find a good football one

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

6 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I really like your Northwestern set, but if I could make a suggestion, I think you should use grey stripes on both the purple and white jerseys, which would allow white numbers to be easier to read on the purple jerseys and purple numbers easier to read on the white jerseys.. For the grey jerseys, I really like what you've done here, but I'd flip the numbers to white.. 

In other words, I think it would help the overall look of the set if you try to keep the stripes and jersey more similar in color, and allow the numbers to be the detail with the greatest contrast..

I see what you're saying. I'll give it a shot, thanks for the feedback.

Archived