Ranking every current "standard" NFL home uniform

JTrainGBR83

Saw some you were missing:

image.jpeg
Dolphins Throwback uniforms (they wear this combo a-lot at home, at least 2 times this season. If you put Broncos navy and Jaguars team up there then you have to have these)image.jpeg
Chargers all-white homeimage.jpeg
Dolphins all-white home (best I could find)

I'm not including throwbacks, just standard home jerseys. I realize a handful of teams will occasionally wear white jerseys at home, but I was hoping to keep it almost exclusively to non-white jerseys to compare apples to apples, with the one exception being the Cowboys, since they almost always wear white at home.

On 12/5/2016 at 5:17 PM, JTrainGBR83 said:

I'm not including throwbacks, just standard home jerseys. I realize a handful of teams will occasionally wear white jerseys at home, but I was hoping to keep it almost exclusively to non-white jerseys to compare apples to apples, with the one exception being the Cowboys, since they almost always wear white at home.

The Dolphins and (this year anyway) Rams also frequently wear white at home.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Dolphins and (this year anyway) Rams also frequently wear white at home.

I'd say if you wear white at home more than 50% of the time for over a decade I say it should be included, considering the dolphins wear white at home about 3/4 of the time I believe their white sets should be included

20 hours ago, dont care said:

I'd say if you wear white at home more than 50% of the time for over a decade I say it should be included, considering the dolphins wear white at home about 3/4 of the time I believe their white sets should be included

Point taken. I did not know that.

On 12/7/2016 at 6:48 PM, JTrainGBR83 said:

Point taken. I did not know that.

The Cowboys and Dolphins have traditionally worn white more than color at home. Until a few years ago (when they brought back the yellow pants, I think), the Redskins were the same way. The Browns have done it at times in their history (including 2011, when they wore white jerseys in all 16 games), and it was kind of an on-and-off thing for the Rams during their original stint in Southern California (including 1993, when they wore white jerseys in all 16 games). The Rams have paid tribute to that (and thumbed their collective nose at St. Louis) by wearing either white or throwback blue jerseys in all their home games this season.

I've been busy but hopefully I have just about all of them. A couple last questions:

1. Have the Jags actually worn teal jerseys with black pants and if so, which game(s)?

Jaguars-NFL-Nike-Elite-51-Uniform-Altern

2. What are the standard home options for the Seahawks outside of all navy?

Other than that, let me know if you find any last minute changes. I'll set up the poll site this week and those who want to can rank them throughout the playoffs.

3 hours ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

I've been busy but hopefully I have just about all of them. A couple last questions:

1. Have the Jags actually worn teal jerseys with black pants and if so, which game(s)?

Other than that, let me know if you find any last minute changes. I'll set up the poll site this week and those who want to can rank them throughout the playoffs.

Answers:

1. Jags have never used that combo, so far, in their current uniform style.

2. Seahawks have only used navy jersey-wolf grey pants combo as an alternate home option.

14 minutes ago, edjb93 said:

Answers:

1. Jags have never used that combo, so far, in their current uniform style.

2. Seahawks have only used navy jersey-wolf grey pants combo as an alternate home option.

The Seahawks have never worn the Navy jersey with Grey pants at home.  On occasion, they have worn the Navy/Grey combo on the road.  That used to be the norm until SB49.  Now they seem to like wearing Navy/Navy on the road too.  Too bad. 

5 hours ago, crosfam said:

The Seahawks have never worn the Navy jersey with Grey pants at home.  On occasion, they have worn the Navy/Grey combo on the road.  That used to be the norm until SB49.  Now they seem to like wearing Navy/Navy on the road too.  Too bad. 

My bad. Thanks for clarifying! I thought the Hawks wore any combo other than all navy at home.

Just now, JTrainGBR83 said:

@AgentColon2 and @MCM0313, both your submissions were blank. Just wanted to let you know in case it didn't register properly.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted so far. It's interesting looking at the similarities and differences of opinion on some of these uniforms.

Yeah, I know. It didn't seem to load right on my Android. I may have to take the poll on my laptop eventually.

On 1/2/2017 at 7:21 PM, JTrainGBR83 said:

Does the combo pictured above look good? I think it does. Thus, the Jaguars have not worn it.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

@ImmortalChef, your entry came through blank. Seems the site isn't great with mobile. If anyone wants to PM me a list I can input it manually for you.

Packers, non-monochrome Chiefs, Raiders, Colts, Giants, Cowboys, all-white Dolphins, should be highly rated. Bengals (both black and orange, unfortunately), Cardinals (esp. blood clot), Jaguars, Buccaneers, Jets, Eagles, and any Ravens or Saints combo that uses stripeless black pants should be at the bottom. Everything else in between. You can interpret that and enter it as you wish.

Archived