Being an actual resident of Billings, MT, does my opinion count for more?

I like the colors here better than the dark red. Why? Because anything Blue & Gold or Maroon & Silver is automatically associated with one or the other of Montana State or Montana. You'd never see a Bobcats fan be caught dead in "dark pink." That's like asking an Auburn fan to wear red and yell "Roll Tide!"

Billies is kind of a cool name. And we do have mountain goats in the Beartooth mountains just outside of Billings. Our junior hockey team being called the Bulls is cool because the stockyard is such a big part of Billings. Our minor league baseball team, the Mustangs is also accurate because we have wild horses just south of us in the Pryor mountains.

I like the hidden mountains in the Billies logo. It reminds me of the old Great Northern Railroad logo. Their goat was named Rocky and they had a "Big Sky" train design that employed sky blue and granite gray for trains that went to Glacier National Park (which is nowhere near Billings, but that's another story.)

GNBSB.jpg

Go Billies!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@webdav

Thanks for the bevy of information! Really helpful input. Seeing the Sky Blue with the gray really made my mind up on that combo. I was tinkering with the blue earlier, but it now has to be a part of this Billies identity for sure. I'm leaning heavily toward the Billies. That train pic is awesome.

21 hours ago, #ConceptLeagues said:

@webdav

Thanks for the bevy of information! Really helpful input. Seeing the Sky Blue with the gray really made my mind up on that combo. I was tinkering with the blue earlier, but it now has to be a part of this Billies identity for sure. I'm leaning heavily toward the Billies. That train pic is awesome.

I 100% agree, that shade of blue really works. In addition, I think train picture gives the colors and logo a sense of history.

Just came in late to this thread, and I have to go with Grays -- I love the logo (especially the wedge shape, it's just much cleaner and looks sharper than the "spiky" shape). I like the copper and silver combination best.

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Billies.  Something about the ruff of the wolf still isn't gelling with me.  But in spite of that, I still like the Billies better anyway.  

Archived