2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Back to New York City - this photo seems to indicate blue shorts.

David appears to be wearing the leaked shirt under his anthem jacket, and that sure looks like navy shorts with a sky blue number.  Fingers crossed....

DavidAndJack.jpg

Sigh...

I hope white shorts are at least an option...

47 minutes ago, Capt. America said:

It would seem that the Dynamo might be updating their home kit as well. The pattern reflects the outside of BBVA Compass Stadium. I found this on the Dynamo reddit.

IMG_1397.PNG

YOU GUYS I'VE FINALLY MADE IT

Guess I should've included my name somewhere though, whoops.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Alright, did some recon work, looks like this is the Reddit comment in question. 

And there is also this tweet! 

Both of those noted that this was a concept, though even the tweets got an "IS THIS REAL" reply.

I will accept no blame for confusing the marketplace, though I will accept business offers.

What would you guys think of something like this for Minnesota this year? It's unfortunate that it sounds like they'll end up with teamwear this year but I think there are still some pretty decent options available:

IMG_2698.PNGIMG_2699.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

43 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

What would you guys think of something like this for Minnesota this year? It's unfortunate that it sounds like they'll end up with teamwear this year but I think there are still some pretty decent options available:

IMG_2698.PNGIMG_2699.PNG

Very nice. That's a good use of the sponsor logo.

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd like the home kits but going with the same away look as Houston would take away from them, even though it looks better than the Dynamo's.

True, but beggars can't be choosers when it comes to teamwear (and technically the light blue kit is the same as the Galaxy's as well). Plus, it'a a near certainty that one or both of their teamwear kits for this season will be replaced with fully custom kits come 2018.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

If they go with teamwear they wouldn't have the sash as no adidas template that I'm aware of has a sash this year. Granted if they just went to adidas.com or something they could very well design something similar. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

30 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they go with teamwear they wouldn't have the sash as no adidas template that I'm aware of has a sash this year. Granted if they just went to adidas.com or something they could very well design something similar. 

Exactly, the MiTeam uniforms are still considered teamwear but they allow for some more customization than the standard templates. It's essentially akin to what Nike and the NWSL has done for their team's kits so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Minnesota opted for that teamwear route.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Speaking of which, can the NWSL all try to make a distinct look for themselves? Portland did it for one year then went back to teamwear looks. So disappointing. 

Presumably NWSL jersey sales are too little to be worth the investment. It does make the league look low-rent, though, and the way things are going I'm extra worried about its future.

USL news. Tulsa Roughnecks will be outfitted by New Balance this season with kits being unveiled in February:

http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/747539?referrer_id=2333971

and Orange County Blues FC have rebranded as Orange County Soccer Club. Huuuuuge upgrade:

http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/747955?referrer_id=2333971

IMG_3862.JPG

New:

IMG_3863.JPG

Old:

IMG_3864.PNG

Archived