2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Hm.. for what it's worth,these aren't standard teamsport.

I think people are getting a little carried away with the whole teamsport thing. For one thing training gear, etc. is much different than creating custom kits because it's all based on a single template and the only team specific details are the colors and of course the crest. Secondly, in regards to the kits, while they may be based off a very simple template, there is no reason to think they won't be customized to the needs of the club. Adidas uses teamwear templates for a number of clubs around the world, including many premier league teams (Sunderland, West Brom, Middlesbrough, etc.) and they are still in the official colors of the clubs because they just adjust the template to meet the needs and wants of the club. Tech-wise they are no different than the standard teamwear kits (i.e. embroidered Adidas logos, sewn on stripes, lack of Adizero technology) but they are still color-specific to the clubs. That is what Minnesota will likely get.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I don't think they will be wearing "standard" teamsport. From this article, it seems they will have real uniforms this year: You've Got Mailbag: The inaugural Minnesota United soccer mailbag

"what I have learned about this is that United officially joined the league a little late, back in August. This gave Adidas a shorter turnaround time to design and produce the kits (aka, uniforms, for you new guys). The new threads should be out by end of February."

Maybe I'm reading too much into that. 

8 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I don't think they will be wearing "standard" teamsport. From this article, it seems they will have real uniforms this year: You've Got Mailbag: The inaugural Minnesota United soccer mailbag

"what I have learned about this is that United officially joined the league a little late, back in August. This gave Adidas a shorter turnaround time to design and produce the kits (aka, uniforms, for you new guys). The new threads should be out by end of February."

Maybe I'm reading too much into that. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up about having fully custom kits this year but at the very least I think you can either expect very simple kits in the official colors of the club and with the same technology as the rest of Adidas' kits this year or some version of teamwear kits (technology wise) with the template customized in the colors of the club.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up about having fully custom kits this year but at the very least I think you can either expect very simple kits in the official colors of the club and with the same technology as the rest of Adidas' kits this year or some version of teamwear kits (technology wise) with the template customized to include the colors of the club.

I think that is all I'm hoping for this year: customized to the MNUFC colors. I'm okay with simple.

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up about having fully custom kits this year but at the very least I think you can either expect very simple kits in the official colors of the club and with the same technology as the rest of Adidas' kits this year or some version of teamwear kits (technology wise) with the template customized in the colors of the club.

Fully custom kits like the Revs, NYCFC and Orlando, all of whom wear adidas templates?

I really don't understand the concern here. 

18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Fully custom kits like the Revs, NYCFC and Orlando, all of whom wear adidas templates?

I really don't understand the concern here. 

"Fully custom" meaning things like unique graphics, jocktags, neck taping, sublimation, etc. You say the Revs, NYCFC and Orlando all wear Adidas templates but so does every other MLS club. The templates are customized with those details and design features and they utilize Adidas' premium kit technology. Essentially what it comes down to with regards to MNUFC is whether the kit will utilize the Adizero technology or not and whether the kit includes club-specific details other than just the colors. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

"Fully custom" meaning things like unique graphics, jocktags, neck taping, sublimation, etc. You say the Revs, NYCFC and Orlando all wear Adidas templates but so does every other MLS club. The templates are customized with those details and design features and they utilize Adidas' premium kit technology. Essentially what it comes down to with regards to MNUFC is whether the kit will utilize the Adizero technology or not and whether the kit includes club-specific details other than just the colors.

We don't know that it won't.  

Archived