2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

They did. Even if you don't love the results. 

i don't call using the Paint tool on the kit to be designing them. Sorry. I just don't. If you want to, then let's just say they were incredibly lazy in their design. Either way, you know what I meant.

gYH2mW9.png

Interesting that Nike has three versions of that template now, the Revolution, Trophy III and Vapor. Vapor are the high end kits, the Red Bulls kit is the Revolution kit and the Trophy III are the low end teamwear kit/training kit. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

i don't call using the Paint tool on the kit to be designing them. Sorry. I just don't. If you want to, then let's just say they were incredibly lazy in their design. Either way, you know what I meant.

I think in the end, Spurs is the one making the call so it was them and not Nike signing off on this. I'd say the clean look is way better than some of the other creations that we've seen "leaked" as the final kit options. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

I know you don't like them.  But calling the design "lazy" or saying that they didn't spend any time on them is betrays at best an ignorance of the design process. 

Simple is not necessarily easier.  Complicated designs do not demonstrate either greater skill or more time invested. 

34 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Is that a new European badge for the not-Red Bulls?

I like it so much better than the old one:

hqdefault.jpg

Yep it is, and it definitely is a significant improvement. The empty space at the top of the old European badge always drove me crazy, so I'm happy to see that this new one is executed much better, even if it'll only be seen and used sparingly. Also, and this shouldn't really come as a surprise, but RB Salzburg will wear the same kits as RB Leipzig in league play, except obviously with their (regular) badge on them:

IMG_5569.JPG.7e777f24498bdd553b618e4791291d77.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I know you don't like them.  But calling the design "lazy" or saying that they didn't spend any time on them is betrays at best an ignorance of the design process. 

Simple is not necessarily easier.  Complicated designs do not demonstrate either greater skill or more time invested. 

That's true in some instances. But I don't believe calling Nike out for just recoloring their template and using the same design across multiple kits for multiple clubs shows any "ignorance of the design process." In my opinion, it shows that the design process was minimal and lazy. Nike has been called out in past seasons for just using recolored templates for many of its teams. This season is no different. Maybe that will change in the next few years with the Spurs Nike kits. However, based on their recent track-record, I don't believe that's going to happen. I'm sure their Nike speak will point to a history of bland, white tops with navy shorts which would be accurate....but there are ways to do that and still make the kit unique (other than the shielded crest) that sets it apart from other clubs' kits. So, yes, I'm going to call what they've done "lazy" as that's what it is in my eyes.

The Chelsea, PSG and Barca tops appear to be using a modified collar, but other than that are the same shirt, just recolored and re-badged.

nike-tottenham-17-18-kit+%25283%2529.jpg

nike-tottenham-17-18-away-kit-1.jpg

manchester-city-17-18-home-kit-2.jpg

chelsea-17-18-away-kit-3.jpgparis-saint-germain-17-18-away-kit-2.jpg

FC-Barcelona-AWAY-kit.jpg

And supposedly, Spurs' third kit will be a purple/white version of this.

manchester-city-17-18-third-kit-2.jpgnike-chelsea-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

Archived