2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

And now here's the Nike press release for the new kit, but still no formal acknowledgement from US Soccer. And it's especially odd that the release image from Nike features Clint Dempsey, who isn't on the Gold Cup roster and who won't even wear the kit.

IMG_5673.thumb.PNG.25463b87c58a811fab7dd06278c66a08.PNG

http://news.nike.com/news/u-s-men-s-national-team-launch-concacaf-gold-cup-kit

He can be called in later. If they released it with Matt Besler most people would be asking who that is. I have a feeling it'll replace the all red for qualifying so Dempsey may end up wearing it. I'm betting they were originally intended for the Confederations Cup and when they lost the playoff they simply reworded the presentation. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Now that we see the real thing, I'm glad the sublimated stars are basically invisible in practical contexts. But still feel like the stars (both the subtle blue and the white ones) move this kit from ideal to awful, honestly.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Two interesting tidbits:

1. For what is a temporary kit, all of the promotional signage and stuff around the stadium reflects the new jerseys. Seems like a lot of effort for only a brief time.

2. Although I assume they will be added to retail sites later, no mention has been made of the cheaper shirt style jersey or any other additional apparel.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Seeing it in action: it's beautiful. Make it the primary now with the real waldo as the other shirt. The sublimated stars are inconsequentional on TV. Practically invisible. I dig the sleeve stars. Love that the shorts are navy. Hooped socks would have pushed this over the top.

And for all you guys buying, World Soccer Shop has them with an American Outlaws discount if you're a member...Soccer Pro literally the best prices, just bought another one and may return my US Soccer shop purchase...free shipping, discount codes, and loyalty rewards IN ADDITION to a price at $139...I saved $40 compared to the US Soccer shop!! Oh, and Soccer Pro always mails it to my house in about 3-4 days, where as US Soccer says 10-12 days for $15.99. Lol. And no, I'm not sponsored by Soccer Pro, they literally are just that much better.

The new USMNT shirts are nice enough, but I don't think there's been a truly great kit since the bomb pops. The recent Nike template shirts have all been kind of ho-hum. The black was weird, the red was silly, and these new shirts mostly server to remind me they're wearing a template.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The navy of the shorts didn't match the shirts, so the full kit in action had fully three different shades of navy all at once. And it makes no sense to me to have the fifth star at the bottom of the sleeve weirdly separated from the rest. C'mon Nike these are easy, obvious details.

That being said though this is by far the best USA kit since the Centennials.

9 minutes ago, jujubeans said:

The navy of the shorts didn't match the shirts, so the full kit in action had fully three different shades of navy all at once. And it makes no sense to me to have the fifth star at the bottom of the sleeve weirdly separated from the rest. C'mon Nike these are easy, obvious details.

That being said though this is by far the best USA kit since the Centennials.

The navy of the shorts actually do match the navy of the hoops on the shirt, but the sleeves and sublimated stars are slightly darker. And the reason there's a gap between the stars on the sleeves of the player-issued kits is because that's where the Gold Cup sleeve patches will go. It did look a bit odd today without the patches occupying that space, but that'll be fixed during the Gold Cup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm assuming the fifth star was separated to make room for the Gold Cup patch worn in the official games; that said, it'll look awkward even then, and if they're not gonna have 50 stars anyway then they should've just left out that star anyway.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The navy of the shorts actually do match the navy of the hoops on the shirt

No, they clearly don't.

sZzIPSI.jpg

And from previous images we know the sublimated star pattern isn't dense enough where the entire hoop would appear darker from far away. Nike didn't match the shirt and the shorts.

21 minutes ago, jujubeans said:

No, they clearly don't.

sZzIPSI.jpg

And from previous images we know the sublimated star pattern isn't dense enough where the entire hoop would appear darker from far away. Nike didn't match the shirt and the shorts.

Technically speaking, the shorts and the hoops on the shirt are the exact same shade of navy (I've been given the exact color codes of each product by a couple of friends of mine working in sports retail), but the different materials sway its appearance. While they may not always appear to be the same shade due to the slight difference in materials and how they're affected by different lighting conditions, sweat, camera effects, etc., they most certainly are the same shade, or at least the materials of both products were made using the exact same color codes.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived