Jump to content

2017/18 Soccer Kits


UnclearInitial
 Share

Recommended Posts

Official shots of the Man Utd third kit, including the first look at the shorts and socks:

IMG_6153.thumb.JPG.daf446e19e9d806a7a9e00d845d10d33.JPGIMG_6152.thumb.JPG.8e11a7ee2fbb74e8f02e4b183259f17f.JPGIMG_6154.thumb.JPG.484230b0df7cb32d683b3ddd80f72d38.JPGIMG_6155.thumb.JPG.c03c949a7c6055331671378a429f5fcd.JPG

As more images of this kit have come out, I've started disliking it more and more. The colors, or rather the lack thereof, make the kit extremely dull, and the United Trinity statue design just isn't executed very well at all IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^Yep, and it's too bad because it's much better, or at least much less offensive than the one for the first half of the season:

IMG_6158.JPG.ef41c841b62e343e63cac36bbdaba586.JPGIMG_6159.JPG.095c3cbdb8887fc0ce61729fbdd477f6.JPG

And speaking of Chelsea, they're debuting their new home kit today in a closed-door friendly against Fulham. Not a lot of pictures yet, but here's a couple looks at the kit in action, along with their new font for friendlies and cup competitions:

IMG_6161.thumb.JPG.3b5a55f0b62e718bb4750e2fc30feac1.JPG

IMG_6164.thumb.JPG.9497f60a8f6111ffb021e853e1c66245.JPGIMG_6162.thumb.JPG.fae47c818082ae7261323eb554adef2e.JPGIMG_6163.thumb.JPG.37a4fdffa3833451fc55edfa8b2f74e8.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shifting over to North London, Arsenal accidentally "revealed" their new away kit on the live stream of their friendly match against Western Sydney Wanderers. Twitter user @dawesy2801 captured it:

As you can see in the video, the shorts are the darker blue color, while the socks feature the same gradient design as the home, third, and keeper kits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And speaking of Chelsea, they're debuting their new home kit today in a closed-door friendly against Fulham. Not a lot of pictures yet, but here's a couple looks at the kit in action, along with their new font for friendlies and cup competitions:

IMG_6161.thumb.JPG.3b5a55f0b62e718bb4750e2fc30feac1.JPG

 

Great kit, but an awful font.  I think those 2s would look better if they flipped them upside-down. 

 

And whats the reasoning behind the first half/second half prematch shirts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

Great kit, but an awful font.  I think those 2s would look better if they flipped them upside-down. 

 

And whats the reasoning behind the first half/second half prematch shirts?

Yeah, I agree about the font. And regarding the prematch shirts, in recent seasons Nike has designed seperate training and prematch shirts for teams to wear in the first and second halves of the season, probably just so there's more merchandise to sell. That's the reasoning that I can think of, and it makes sense since getting teams to wear new training and prematch gear after the New Year will inevitably lead to people buying it. Nike also has seperate training and prematch gear for teams for when they compete in Champions League, and that usually coincides with the design and colors of the teams' third kits. I believe Adidas, and possibly even Puma both do similar things as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, I agree about the font. And regarding the prematch shirts, in recent seasons Nike has designed seperate training and prematch shirts for teams to wear in the first and second halves of the season, probably just so there's more merchandise to sell. That's the reasoning that I can think of, and it makes sense since getting teams to wear new training and prematch gear after the New Year will inevitably lead to people buying it. Nike also has seperate training and prematch gear for teams for when they compete in Champions League, and that usually coincides with the design and colors of the teams' third kits. I believe Adidas, and possibly even Puma both do similar things as well.

Adidas does the same for prematch tops. They also have training gear specific to UCL and UEL competitions. That United third was bad enough, but adding white shorts instead of dark grey made it even worse. Unfortunately it'll be worn at least twice this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get the idea of competition-specific prematch shirts. Those actually make an amount of sense, as so many clubs seem to have special kits for those competitions.  I even understand home v road prematch tops.  

 

The idea of arbitrarily dividing the season in half and wearing different gear on either side of that line is new to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The idea of arbitrarily dividing the season in half and wearing different gear on either side of that line is new to me. 

 

I agree 100%. I've never heard of it and it doesn't need to happen.

 

People will buy both though. I can't see any other reason why this would exist other than that. Similar to how teams used to have kits for 2 seasons but when they realised that the fans would buy new ones every season it became standard practice to change them every season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.