2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

And my understanding is that's why they chose purple, so the team would always be distinctive on screen. 

And they could use recolored Chelsea or Everton video for game film.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Sometimes a well-placed emoji can be your friend. ;)

In constructing the joke I considered many emojis but figured only the photo would suffice. :)

And, I didn't know the reasoning behind the purple. But now I do, thanks to you and @MJWalker45. So that's good.

(BTW, that show jumped the shark, backed up, and jumped the shark again.)

30 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

In constructing the joke I considered many emojis but figured only the photo would suffice. :)

And, I didn't know the reasoning behind the purple. But now I do, thanks to you and @MJWalker45. So that's good.

(BTW, that show jumped the shark, backed up, and jumped the shark again.)

Their player transfer bill had to match the GDP of Germany. Yeah, I think they jumped a shark into a volcano, only to be attacked by a lava shark.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Manchester United played in gray shorts and socks v Valerenga, but this uni still sucks:

Valerenga-v-Manchester-United-Pre-Season

When adidas made this a fan competition they should have allowed for the designers to pick socks and shorts as well. If that design had been placed on the red kit, I think we'd like it more. This needs to only be worn the minimum amount of times and buried next to the ET video games.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

26 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Nice from Ireland. But what is the story with their sponsor? I know they've had it forever but why are they the only team to do it?

They're not quite the only ones to do it - other national teams sell ad space on their training jerseys. 

England-Euro-2016-Training-Shirt+%25283%

The difference is that Ireland does it on their match jerseys.  FIFA regulations prohibit them from wearing the ads on the pitch, but Ireland includes them everywhere right up to that limit.  Including replicas. 

It's a shameless cash grab, and fortunately no other association has tried to follow suit. 

8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Three is a well-known mobile phone service in Ireland.  I don't think that's the issue at all. 

I had no idea. I guess Americans aren't their target audience :lol:. Still doesn't make it any better though

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Three is a well-known mobile phone service in Ireland.  I don't think that's the issue at all. 

And every year we have to explain what they are. I almost feel like we're that deaf guy that hands out cards explaining what's going on with that shirt instead of telling you they can't hear you.

54 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I had no idea. I guess Americans aren't their target audience :lol:. Still doesn't make it any better though

Nope. It used to be Eircom until 3 bought them out. IT's annoying trying to find an Ireland jersey without the sponsor logos that aren't overpriced authentics from eBay.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What is the deal with this Leipzig kit? I don't remember it being unveiled, and Red Bull is always strict with their uniforms. Always a white primary, navy secondary, and sometimes a red third kit...never seen a grey one before.

DGAiMhKW0AAWUdT.jpg:large

Archived