2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

46 minutes ago, Digby said:

I don't love that mockup and the biggest reason is the imbalance. This idea would go a ways toward fixing that.

Sure would be nice to have the correct colors on a USNT jersey, though. Miss you Gold Cup.

Yea I don't understand the obsession with royal/cyan blue. Especially after they changed to the new logo and it was navy. What is so hard about just using the actual colors of the flag/crest? And while the jersey looks like it could be decent it still leaves us begging for a full time look. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First real shot of the Italy home shirt:

3ED601E1-C357-41C2-A8E8-83CE4C646E1E.thumb.jpeg.9360646239184a9dfce21da755cbe1ce.jpeg

And here’s one of the keeper shirts:

4BF8E16C-A1AC-4B06-B808-AF3AC3A291D3.thumb.jpeg.5070925e2fb31bfd39bd496b07b8c424.jpeg

And then here’s the Ivory Coast home shirt for the WC:

F53C1828-170B-4945-BAE2-E97222B8D184.thumb.jpeg.8bd17592e8d18aa3e360db0c62b7e535.jpeg

As you can see, Puma is making greater use of their evoKnit technology for their WC shirts, and in the case of Ivory Coast the evoKnit pattern is supposedly meant to form the face of an elephant, albeit more of an abstract interpretation. Also, this image is showing a sample, which is why the neck trim is mistakenly the flag of Cameroon. The neck trim on the final version will almost surely have the tricolor of the Ivory Coast flag.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Buffon in outfield kit is a classic, I remember back in 2003/2004 season, Gigi wore Juve away shirt probably more times like outfield players. He done that also in Parma.

It's something you do see in Italian club football, a little quirk I'm rather fond of.

9 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

I am so disappointed. I really wanted the US in the World Cup. I was also very interested to see how the kits would look. Will those still be released as next year's kit, even if they aren't for the World Cup?

Most likely yes, it’ll just be used for friendlies and the women will use it for World Cup qualifiers. There really isn’t any reason for Nike to change the design, and not really enough time either, so they’ll just have to change the marketing campaign that’s released with the kits.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

I am so disappointed. I really wanted the US in the World Cup. I was also very interested to see how the kits would look. Will those still be released as next year's kit, even if they aren't for the World Cup?

Normally they are. National teams tend to change kits every 2 years

Archived