2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And now they have some better leaks of the NYCFC primary as well, and they're showing the authentic version. It also uses a heather pattern, which I'm indifferent to in this case, but I really like the jocktag.

IMG_2747.JPGIMG_2748.JPG

Switch the adidas stripes to white, add the thin orange strip to the neckline and this is perfect! It's just a bit too navy heavy right now IMO.

21 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Switch the adidas stripes to white, add the thin orange strip to the neckline and this is perfect! It's just a bit too navy heavy right now IMO.

It's going to be paired with navy shorts and sky blue socks.  I think the amount of navy in the jersey is perfect. 

14 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Bummer. I'd rather see white shorts with navy stripes. More unique look for them. 

I disagree, I think the navy shorts differentiate them from their parent club. Sure it may be similar to SKC now but I'd rather have that than them always looking like they're wearing recycled Man City kits. As it is now the shirt still looks like an Adidas version of the 2014/15 Man City shirt, but the navy shorts help dispel that and give them more of a unique and separate look. In my ideal world though, I'd like to see them use white shorts and orange socks, both with navy accents. That for me would be not only a unique look but a subtle tribute to the city flag.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I disagree, I think the navy shorts differentiate them from their parent club. Sure it may be similar to SKC now but I'd rather have that than them always looking like they're wearing recycled Man City kits. As it is now the shirt still looks like an Adidas version of the 2014/15 Man City shirt, but the navy shorts help dispel that and give them more of a unique and separate look. In my ideal world though, I'd like to see them use white shorts and orange socks, both with navy accents. That for me would be not only a unique look but a subtle tribute to the city flag.

I'd love that. Tricolors can be really good looks (usually when the shorts are white I think). I'm happy to see them avoid being a dead ringer for City, but not if it comes at the expense of biting another MLS team's look. I appreciated the story of the A-League telling City to screw when they bought the Melbourne team and tried to change the kit color to sky blue when that was already Sydney's thing.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

So a reversed version of my favourite kit of all time?

Holland-France-2008-e1476122241438.jpg

I'd like NYC to use somethink like this on the away side. Home could be something like this:

article-2273993-0070C8F200000578-731_634

So just use white socks together with the new home shirt and shorts. Yeah, the Dutch' 2008 set was amazing.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Oh wow that's a welcome blast from the past! I loved that Dutch set as well, even as someone who usually prefers them to utilize black trim. Always loved that blocky typeface, too, back when Nike bothered to give teams custom typefaces.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I wonder how bad the sales numbers are for this cycle of USA jerseys. I have not seen a lot of people wearing these new jerseys compared to other years. I mean, you have one jersey that is White/Columbia Blue. Another is Black with Red/Royal Blue trim. And this one is Red/Black/Silver.....none of those are the right colors.

Archived