2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of the name and number color. It looks like SKC, NYC blue rather than MNUFC blue. Other than that, I really like this kit it is very striking.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Minnesota turned out pretty nice I'd say. For all the talk about them getting kinda off-the-rack kits, this is pretty distinctive with the sash and two unusual colors. Would prefer the Target wordmark (the bullseye alone is too tall and looks off-center), and something needs to be done about those numbers, but this mostly works rather well.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

16 minutes ago, Digby said:

Minnesota turned out pretty nice I'd say. For all the talk about them getting kinda off-the-rack kits, this is pretty distinctive with the sash and two unusual colors. Would prefer the Target wordmark (the bullseye alone is too tall and looks off-center), and something needs to be done about those numbers, but this mostly works rather well.

You're right about that - while the actual numbers will undoubtedly be more distinct than this Photoshop, light blue on gray may not be legible.

It reminds me of the Milwaukee Admirals - in 2006 they adopted essentially the same color scheme as Minnesota United.  Their first dark sweaters had these numbers:

november-23-2006-milwaukee-center-rich-p 

Even with a black outline, the blue numbers on gray weren't considered sufficiently visible on the ice, so they had to switch to these.

Admiralsgreyroad.jpg

I prefer the blue from an aesthetic standpoint, but I wonder if black might not have been a better choice.  Then again, we're talking about MLS, which allowed this for some reason:

usatsi_9378920_168381069_lowres-e1468204

So who the hell knows.

Wow, I like that in gray so much better! I must say, I'm glad they are going a different route than a light blue jersey. For as much as I love the United name, it sucks that there are 2 other Uniteds in the league. To also have the same jersey color as 2 (or is it 3) other teams would've been too much for me. I want some originality from my team.

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Wow, I like that in gray so much better! I must say, I'm glad they are going a different route than a light blue jersey. For as much as I love the United name, it sucks that there are 2 other Uniteds in the league. To also have the same jersey color as 2 (or is it 3) other teams would've been too much for me. I want some originality from my team.

You've got a great color scheme - I think gray makes for an excellent jersey color.

9 minutes ago, Digby said:

Maybe white numbers to match the printing on the front of the shirt, which is perfectly legible.

I think that'd be the best option, especially since it's looking likely that the gray shirt may be paired with white shorts and/or socks. Also, looking at the socks that have already been worn by the team, I think we can get a better idea of how the shade of gray will look:

IMG_2857.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

51 minutes ago, Digby said:

Although I certainly agree with you that the shirt turned out pretty nice, I can see why the rumors were suggesting that the kits would be based on teamwear. The shirt is based on Adidas' Condivo 16 template and it's a very simplistic design so those rumors are more understandable now. I'm curious to see the secondary kit now to see if it's something similar.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm holding out a little hope for black socks, like they wore in NASL.  Oh, and no white shorts with that.  Ick.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived