2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

29 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Surely somebody along the line noticed that the Red Bulls and MLS had the same color alignment before it was unveiled.  

I forgot about the Galaxy, who in the same span went from this:

87218e900ca580725b681f4bd5c46076.jpg

to this:

IMG_0879.JPG

Although that was part of a general overhaul.

Still, the change indicates that the Red Bulls' change wasn't some sort of special exemption based on a previously-unnoticed resemblance to the official league version.

I'm not saying that the colors of the team's respective league badges can't be changed, but I would guess that both the Red Bulls' and the Galaxy's new league badges replaced their predecessors and are now the officially colored league badges for those teams. My point is that since the Timbers' official colors aren't the darker green and gold that are being used on this coming season's primary kit, I could see there being a rule where the team must use their officially colored league badges on their primary kit. Or at least a rule that the league badges on the primary kit must contain the official colors of the club, which could be another explanation for why LA and RBNY were allowed to change.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I'm not saying that the colors of the team's respective league badges can't be changed, but I would guess that both the Red Bulls' and the Galaxy's new league badges replaced their predecessors and are now the officially colored league badges for those teams. My point is that since the Timbers' official colors aren't the darker green and gold that are being used on this coming season's primary kit, I could see there being a rule where the team must use their officially colored league badges on their primary kit. Or at least a rule that the league badges on the primary kit must contain the official colors of the club, which could be another explanation for why LA and RBNY were allowed to change.

That color flip for the Galaxy's league badge irked me a lot as a fan, hope they undo the change, as in all league banners (Drafts etc) it's still always blue and gold and not blue and white or gold and white. Looks better the old way too.

4 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Queretaro third, double purple is so underused in sports.

queretaro-2017-third-kit+%25282%2529.jpg

Santos Laguna third:

santos-laguna-2017-third-kit+%25281%2529santos-laguna-2017-third-kit+%25282%2529

Love both of these. Obviously some tweaking could be done to the gradients and logo clutter, respectively, but the color s are certainly attractive. 

Going back to the MLS shield talk, I love how each team wears it colored in their own style. It reminded me of the old CCM triple block logo that used to appear on hockey jersey hems. 

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Timbers' new primary kit for 2017 has already been teased by Merritt Paulson but the shot he provided did not give us a good look at the intricacies and details of the kit. Today the club's twitter account posted this image which seems to give us an idea of what some of those details will look like:

IMG_2673.JPG

As you can see, there appears to be some subtle horizontal striping (possibly even some diagonal striping if you look to the bottom right of the crest) woven into the fabric and the crest appears to have a spiraling effect which I would guess is meant to evoke the rings on the wood slabs that Timber Joey cuts off for goals and shutouts. Regardless, all signs are pointing to an absolutely beautiful new primary kit and I couldn't be happier as an  avid fan of the club. And as a refresher, here's the original teaser provided by MP:

It looks like a sublimated plaid pattern, probably to invoke a lumberjack.

The NWSL's Western New York Flash are now the North Carolina Courage:

NC%20Courage%20logo%202

The hell is going on with that lioness?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

4 minutes ago, Mockba said:

The NWSL's Western New York Flash are now the North Carolina Courage:

NC%20Courage%20logo%202

The hell is going on with that lioness?

Sheesh, that's an ugly crest. What's up with the random red section in the corner and the pudgy bear-lioness?

u3J7jjd.png

5 minutes ago, PaperThin said:

Sheesh, that's an ugly crest. What's up with the random red section in the corner and the pudgy bear-lioness?

It's supposed to tie the women's team into the men's. Railhawks rebranded to North Carolina FC, in what has to be the most generic and boring logo ever. Both are pretty bad.

On December 25, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Nyk33 said:

Leaked 2017 NYCFC Primary

Embedded image

I think replacing the white with navy blue was a good move as well as adding the orange to create some separation from Sporting KC. 

I want that now! Awesome!

I do think including the orange strip on the neckline would look better.

On 1/9/2017 at 4:54 PM, Around the Horn said:

I want that now! Awesome!

I do think including the orange strip on the neckline would look better.

The good news is that we shouldn't have to wait too long.  The new jerseys are usually available end of January/beginning of February.  I seem to recall that NYCFC's Hypnokits were unveiled around Valentine's Day last year, and they were one of the late ones.

The new Timbers' primary kit has been officially unveiled. Apparently the kit "is made of a new engineered flannel material that creates the checkered look and feel." They absolutely nailed this IMO, the only flaw is the MLS badges not matching the color scheme of the kit, but it's a minor issue considering how beautiful and classy the rest of the kit is.

IMG_2686.JPG

For more info about the details of the kit and more images, go here: 

http://www.timbers.com/post/2017/01/11/green-gold-2017-18-portland-timbers-primary-kit

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The new Timbers' primary kit has been officially unveiled. Apparently the kit "is made of a new engineered flannel material that creates the checkered look and feel." They absolutely nailed this IMO, the only flaw is the MLS badges not matching the color scheme of the kit, but it's a minor issue considering how beautiful and classy the rest of the kit is.

IMG_2686.JPG

For more info about the details of the kit and more images, go here: 

http://www.timbers.com/post/2017/01/11/green-gold-2017-18-portland-timbers-primary-kit

Absolutely gorgeous! If only every MLS team could look this good...

That looks better than I expected! Still would prefer a yellowish (rather than metallic) gold and I'll miss the white shorts. But the "flannel" look manages to look super classy while being so very Portland.

(It also helps that Alaska Air has a nicer logo than they have in previous years.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived