2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda like the England kit. Though, it's a shame England managed to keep the cool crest application (rubbery finish with some depth to it) whereas the US got stuck with a boring print application.

nike-england-2017-third-kit-4.jpg

US for comparison:

men-s-nike-usa-2017-2018-vapor-match-red

This way was was much nicer:

image.jpeg

England crest in the lighter blue reminds me of this:

_67712653_michael_owen_getty.jpg

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I kinda like the England kit. Though, it's a shame England managed to keep the cool crest application (rubbery finish with some depth to it) whereas the US got stuck with a boring print application.

nike-england-2017-third-kit-4.jpg

US for comparison:

men-s-nike-usa-2017-2018-vapor-match-red

This way was was much nicer:

image.jpeg

England crest in the lighter blue reminds me of this:

_67712653_michael_owen_getty.jpg

Interestingly enough, the crest application on the England third kit isn't quite the same as what Nike used on their home and away kits. See here:

IMG_3062.PNG

The application on the new third kit has the lions and flowers (and possibly even the outline) as the rubbery material printed onto the fabric-like material underneath, whereas on the home and away kits it's essentially flipped with the lions underneath and with the fabric-like texture, and the rest of the crest applied over the top. The same can be seen with the crest on the U.S. home and away kits. It's certainly similar to the regular application, but not quite the same. I agree though, it's a shame the U.S. got stuck with more of a generic print application. 

On a similar note, here's a new leak to the France third kit:IMG_3065.JPG

I believe the previous information about the France kit did not include the bright blue crest, so that's a welcome sight. It's still quite boring and obviously BFBS, but the crest provides a much needed pop of color. It'd be nice if they used bright blue numbers similar to what PSG did on last season's third kit with the pink printing.

IMG_3066.JPG

Actually, it'd be kind of nice if England did the same, like they did on their 2012 away kit.IMG_3067.JPG 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 3/17/2017 at 10:58 AM, Jaffa said:

Remember those Premier League sleeve patch sponsors? Well, Manchester City are the first to announce theirs - Korean tyre manufacturers Nexen Tire.

Well on the way to looking like Australian and Mexican clubs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

30 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Well on the way to looking like Australian and Mexican clubs.

Not Arsenal though! Word is that their deal with Emirates precludes other sponsors appearing on their kit.

1 minute ago, hendocfc said:

I feel weird that I have to applaud Arsenal for something...

I think it's more a case of Emirates putting a clause in their contract rather than Arsenal making a stand of some sort, so you're free to be able to sleep at night. ;) 

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

Or Barcelona.

Yeah, they went from zero to eleven in an awful hurry, didn't they?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived