Jump to content

2017/18 Soccer Kits


UnclearInitial
 Share

Recommended Posts

Why wouldnt the premier league let teams use their choice of colours for the numbers?

 

Also on that note, do any championships do this?

 

I know that Ligue 1(and Ligue 2, as both are LFP), Premier League, and MLS do. I dont know about anyone else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Personally, I really like NYCFC's design philosophy: bold and classic with the primaries, go a little crazy with the clash kits.   The Cosmos and Inaria have it exactly backwards.

 

I suppose that that's better than what the Cosmos are doing.  But City went a little too nuts with their road shirts last year, with the concentric circles.  I fear that they are keeping that jersey for this season.  (They've worn the sky blue in all three games so far this year.)



Image result for mikey lopez nycfc

 

 

They got the road kit right the first season. 


 

Image result for brovsky nycfc

(And Jeb got his mustache right!)

 

They should not have changed from that.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Why wouldnt the premier league let teams use their choice of colours for the numbers?

 

Also on that note, do any championships do this?

 

I know that Ligue 1(and Ligue 2, as both are LFP), Premier League, and MLS do. I dont know about anyone else

 

I think those exact color choices have always been the options, at least in EPL. It does seem unnecessary at this point, surely printing them in whatever color is trivial for such an enterprise. Even MLS offers its numbers in more/custom colors.

 

That said, the new font is inoffensive which is probably the best we can ask for. I agree that it's reminiscent of the current typeface but sans-serif. A nice evolution over time from the gaudy old Optima-ish thing they first had. I'd prefer each team to have its own typeface but if that's not going to happen, the best option is to have something that's clean and fits in any number of contexts, and this fits that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

I suppose that that's better than what the Cosmos are doing.  But City went a little too nuts with their road shirts last year, with the concentric circles.  I fear that they are keeping that jersey for this season.  (They've worn the sky blue in all three games so far this year.)



Image result for mikey lopez nycfc

 

 

They got the road kit right the first season. 


 

Image result for brovsky nycfc

(And Jeb got his mustache right!)

 

They should not have changed from that.  

 

 

I can confirm they're keeping the Hypnokit for this season.  The kits are on two-year cycles, and this was always going to be its second and final year.  The 2015 black change kit was always going to be a one-year just to set up the alternating two-year cycles. 

 

I dont like the Hypnokit either, but I also recognize that I'm not the target audience; my kids love it, and it has sold well.  If a crazy change kit that we won't even see that often is the price to pay for a clean and classic home kit, that's a trade I'll make every single year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Digby said:

 

I think those exact color choices have always been the options, at least in EPL. It does seem unnecessary at this point, surely printing them in whatever color is trivial for such an enterprise. Even MLS offers its numbers in more/custom colors.

 

That said, the new font is inoffensive which is probably the best we can ask for. I agree that it's reminiscent of the current typeface but sans-serif. A nice evolution over time from the gaudy old Optima-ish thing they first had. I'd prefer each team to have its own typeface but if that's not going to happen, the best option is to have something that's clean and fits in any number of contexts, and this fits that.

They removed the gold option to add yellow. I think the previous font also had a royal blue option.

47 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Why wouldnt the premier league let teams use their choice of colours for the numbers?

 

Also on that note, do any championships do this?

 

I know that Ligue 1(and Ligue 2, as both are LFP), Premier League, and MLS do. I dont know about anyone else

Liga NOS also does this, frankly I always found it unnecessary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys were talking about a club unveiling a new crest and then reverting back for a while...isn't that exactly what Manchester City did? If I recall, they launched the crest months and months in advance and then switched all their accounts for a short period of time, just to gain awareness. And then, they reverted back to their current (at the time) crest with the eagle since that was the one on their shirts during that campaign. Once the season was over, they brought the new crest back out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Also on that note, do any championships do this?

 

I know that Ligue 1(and Ligue 2, as both are LFP), Premier League, and MLS do. I dont know about anyone else

 

Polish Ekstraklasa use one font for all (called Ekstraklasica bold):

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

More details on the Premier League numbers.  They will come in five different colorways: white with black details and black, navy, red, and yellow; all with white details:

 

PL_Shirts_2017_Article_Image.png

 

 

Really disappointed with the lack of diversity with the color-ways. Royal blue, claret/maroon, and green would have been welcomed additions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see why they do it, so local places can stock lots of numbers to custom make any jersey, or "kit", but what do teams like Leicester and Chelsea put on their possible whit or grey shirts? I sure hope not black.... And no claret/maroon hurts but let's creativity, and the whole Leicester with gold look was awesome, was kinda hoping my beloved Spurs would add a navy shirt with gold numbers... Colors are Disappointing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe this is for the Unpopular Opinions Thread, but I think side by side Juve's new logo looks so much nicer on their upcoming kit than their old one. 

 

juventus-17-18-home-kit-2.jpg

 

Juventus-2017-18-adidas-home-kit-LEAKED1

 

Then again, I was immediately liking their new logo design wise, so maybe my preference was already neurologically programmed in my mind.

 

Side note: I really like that the stripes on this shirt are not interrupted by a bumper sticker type block. That's a plus as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Captain Tsubasa said:

Maybe this is for the Unpopular Opinions Thread, but I think side by side Juve's new logo looks so much nicer on their upcoming kit than their old one. 

 

juventus-17-18-home-kit-2.jpg

 

Juventus-2017-18-adidas-home-kit-LEAKED1

 

Then again, I was immediately liking their new logo design wise, so maybe my preference was already neurologically programmed in my mind.

 

Side note: I really like that the stripes on this shirt are not interrupted by a bumper sticker type block. That's a plus as well. 

 

It definitely looks cleaner, but I just don't like them moving away from the traditional crest. Maybe this Is a sign I'm becoming the cranky old get off my lawn guy, and not embracing design change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2017 at 7:58 PM, flyersfan said:

I see why they do it, so local places can stock lots of numbers to custom make any jersey, or "kit", but what do teams like Leicester and Chelsea put on their possible whit or grey shirts? I sure hope not black.... And no claret/maroon hurts but let's creativity, and the whole Leicester with gold look was awesome, was kinda hoping my beloved Spurs would add a navy shirt with gold numbers... Colors are Disappointing...

 

Wish granted:

 

spursgoals.jpg?itok=M5dkH-YV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, but I think the point would be that is no longer allowed.

 

I love the idea of a unified league-wide number font, but that color restriction doesn't make any sense to me.  I get that the league might retain the right to veto a color combination for legibility, avoiding a Sporting KC disaster:

 

usatsi_9378920_168381069_lowres-e1468204

 

But beyond that, who cares if Arsenal uses a thin navy outline around its white numbers instead of black?  And why should the claret-and-blue clubs have to shoehorn black onto their shirts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Attended the Tampa Bay Rowdies kickoff party this evening and they rolled out their new alternate uniform.  I was afraid they were going to have a black alternate since that is a very Nike-thing to do, so I am extremely pleased to see this white version with gorgeous new socks.  The retail version I purchased is equally as nice.

Rowdies2017ALT.jpg

Rowdies2017kits.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.