2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

1 hour ago, nas1787 said:

I think the Newcastle shirt hinges on what the back looks like. There better be full stripes. If that's the case, then the first iteration of the shirt would look much better. I really like when the stripes meet  on the shoulder, it looks so clean. Like so:

JS67848170.jpg

The version with the Puma shoulder stripe will interrupt the striping and won't look nearly as nice. Still though, it's shaping up to be a good look for their return to the top flight.

The back of the shirt will almost surely have either a black or white box to accommodate for the names and numbers. Especially now that the gold printing will no longer be an option, that would be the only color that'd enable them to put the names and numbers directly over the stripes while also tying in with the accents of the kit. Now they're stuck with putting a solid box on the back so they can use either black or white printing.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, nas1787 said:

I really like when the stripes meet  on the shoulder, it looks so clean.

I think it's even better when the back stripes are reversed to the front.

83e9685ecdf3e99736b519afd15f1dac.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

27 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

I think it's even better when the back stripes are reversed to the front.

83e9685ecdf3e99736b519afd15f1dac.jpg

I like that as well, and that's one of the reasons why I was so fond of Juve's final Nike home shirt.

IMG_3550.thumb.JPG.98d7cc150b4eabf88b1b1349232ffa70.JPG

Having said that, I wouldn't want to see that become the norm. I think it's a nice little design quirk but I wouldn't want to see it overused.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I recall talk of the Premier League introducing a rule for next season requiring shirts to have a plain panel on the back for names and numbering. If this has gone through then I guess this Newcastle shirt will be lacking full stripes.

5 hours ago, Jaffa said:

I recall talk of the Premier League introducing a rule for next season requiring shirts to have a plain panel on the back for names and numbering. If this has gone through then I guess this Newcastle shirt will be lacking full stripes.

Hadn't heard the Prem was requiring it, but it seems that the last few seasons there, Newcastle had the numbers box there to aid in legibility. With the new numbers not carrying a second outline it's even more necessary.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I much prefer this treatment rather than a plain box and half stripes at the bottom of the back. It makes it look much more intentional. It works best when the striped kit uses two colors. Doesn't seem to work as well on a white and colored striped kit, otherwise the entire back is white.newsEngin.17741903_Atlanta-United-PRIMAR

Mockup of the full Man City kit:

IMG_3551.JPG.0ecb375511f9f76e7a70d50bc3550b88.JPG

I would've liked to have seen maroon play a more prominent role, whether it be a thicker stripe on the socks or subtle accents on the shirt and shorts as well. But overall it looks fairly nice and much better than the current kit with the horrible navyish sleeves.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I do not have any other intel yet, but I can 100% confirm the new US Gold Cup kit will be midnight navy blue. I also have strong evidence to suggest it will be paired with our traditional red.

No indications of design yet, but so far this is very promising. I've been sick of black, red/maroon, royal blue, etc. Just give me red, white, and navy blue and I'll be a happy man.

8 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Given the input from Alexi Lalas and Rob Stone, it feels like this kit has to have some kind of design. They made it seem like it was unique and special. I don't see them doing that for a solid navy blue kit. At least, I hope not.

I remember when the rumors first started swirling about a special Gold Cup kit, @hendocfc said he had heard rumblings about it being navy and red hoops with metallic gold accents. He wasn't able to confirm, and it was just pure speculation at that point, but I could see it being something along those lines. That would certainly constitute a unique and special kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

It's a gorgeous color scheme if executed well. Our kits at the 2006 and 2010 World Cup both had gold trim around the crest.

712684611-1024x756.jpg

711857061-1024x612.jpg

The 2011 "Red All Over" kit used red and navy well and tied it together with a beautiful track jacket with gold detailing and "USA" on the back.

SOCCER-jumbo.jpg

29e312a5a9cfa9007e832c8e91bd55f7.jpg

That color scheme 100% works. I could see them going with red and navy hoops, darker navy sleeves, navy shorts, and navy socks. Gold swoosh and probably a monochrome gold and navy crest to tie into this summer's third kit line. Might look quite nice.

But the thing about all those kits above, is that you can just feel the national pride that they exude. They sure as hell look like national team kits and I'd be proud to put one on.

Thats where Nike has fallen off the last few years. Nothing about these kits below would make my heart beat a little faster if I were to represent my country.

Anthracite: first indication of Nike playing with our national team. I thought it was nice at the time. Had an air of familiarity (I think most people assumed it was navy blue for a while) but still traditional looking. Looking back, this was as far as I thought Nike would take a national team kit. Of course, I was wrong.

ldpoland.jpg

Bomb pop: I thought this was a fun design and I love the great moments wearing this kit but I'm not a fan of royal blue for the national team. Would have been great with navy blue shoulders.

slide_343989_3578711_free.jpg

Gradient kit: looks like a bad water color painting and again, just not a fan of the royal blue. Mixing royal and navy here was also weird.

uswnt-alex-morgan.jpg

White, black, and neon. America!

f0c383f85b32c153aeee11dd243c87c6.jpg

Black 2016: I can appreciate this kit as a fashion piece and enjoy wearing mine from time to time, but it doesn't deserve to see the pitch for the national team. It's somewhat unique with the different sleeves but stil a paint by numbers design and worst of all, black.

dempsey-vs-crc.png

Red 2017: Completely unremarkable design. Disappointed that we wasted what seems to be a once or twice a decade red kit on this. As an individual design, it looks fine, but another template and an emphasis on black and silver trim. Dumb. Where's the blue?

gettyimages-657511636.jpg?quality=65&str

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I could see them going with red and navy hoops, darker navy sleeves, navy shorts, and navy socks. Gold swoosh and probably a monochrome gold and navy crest to tie into this summer's third kit line. Might look quite nice.

Decided to give that a try:

GoldCup.thumb.png.16b257c6143dba7eebe780a71541efa7.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived