2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

Decided to update my mockup to be a bit more realistic. It now has a solid back and a solid box around the front numbers like what was used on the Waldo kits. I really hope we end up getting something like this, it'd be a really nice and unique look, even if just for the Gold Cup.

GoldCup.thumb.png.e081fb3f7a912c1da3b2a2dfbb00929b.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we're still in speculation mode but I can't get memories of Arsenal's 2007-ish third kit out of my head. That said I loved the hell out of that kit, and it'd be absolutely perfect for the USA. Might be the first time I buy a USA kit since the 2011 third (not coincidentally also dark shades of red and blue) (also also I did not remember that variation on the GK kit, wow) 

2007-2008-Third-Kit.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

21 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Really like the idea of red and navy hoops. Really don't like the idea of a gold monochrome crest though.

A lot of this is just speculation. I think we've heard rumblings about hoops and gold trim, so we are just piecing together the rumors. Gold crest would tie into the Nike theme for international third kits and metallic crests this year.

9 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

A lot of this is just speculation. I think we've heard rumblings about hoops and gold trim, so we are just piecing together the rumors. Gold crest would tie into the Nike theme for international third kits and metallic crests this year.

And this kit is just for the Gold Cup so it wouldn't be surprising at all to see Nike spin that and use it as an excuse to use metallic gold accents throughout. I guess time will tell whether or not all of this speculation has any truth behind it or not though. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yea that is exactly what I fear, that Nike will make som eexcuse to use a gold crest. Even so, it sound like it will be better than any of the 3 jerseys from this cycle. Just the fact that we will actually be using navy for the first time in 3 years is exciting. Are these new Gold Cup jerseys going to be used as home? aways? 

8 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Yea that is exactly what I fear, that Nike will make som eexcuse to use a gold crest. Even so, it sound like it will be better than any of the 3 jerseys from this cycle. Just the fact that we will actually be using navy for the first time in 3 years is exciting. Are these new Gold Cup jerseys going to be used as home? aways? 

I assume they'll be replacing the current black secondaries since they'll likely need the white kit at some point during the Gold Cup. Having said that I'm guessing it'll essentially become the de facto primary during the tournament, with the white kit used only in case of clashes.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, Digby said:

I know we're still in speculation mode but I can't get memories of Arsenal's 2007-ish third kit out of my head. That said I loved the hell out of that kit, and it'd be absolutely perfect for the USA. Might be the first time I buy a USA kit since the 2011 third (not coincidentally also dark shades of red and blue) (also also I did not remember that variation on the GK kit, wow) 

2007-2008-Third-Kit.jpg

Hmmm... Arsenalona at it best.  

2 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

It's a brighter red than the Arsenal kit and @upperV03's mockup... but the hoops are there. There's also a sublimated star design somewhere I've heard

Hmmm that's interesting, I may have to go back and do some more revisions on the mockup. Do you know if the kit does indeed use metallic gold accents?

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Decided to update my mockup to be a bit more realistic. It now has a solid back and a solid box around the front numbers like what was used on the Waldo kits. I really hope we end up getting something like this, it'd be a really nice and unique look, even if just for the Gold Cup.

GoldCup.thumb.png.e081fb3f7a912c1da3b2a2dfbb00929b.png

I'd love to see a new white jersey like this, with white replacing navy, and navy numbers instead of gold.

YVRMUBj.png

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I assume they'll be replacing the current black secondaries since they'll likely need the white kit at some point during the Gold Cup. Having said that I'm guessing it'll essentially become the de facto primary during the tournament, with the white kit used only in case of clashes.

I assumed based on nothing it would be the Gold Cup primary with the red one used in case of clash -- but I guess that depends on how much red exists in the new one. Would just be surprised to see three new alternates introduced in the span of a year and a half, but in the modern game I guess that wouldn't be so strange.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Alright thanks! I'll see if I can find some time later today to update the mockup. And @Digby, you could be right, I could see them using the red kit as the clash depending on how prevalent red is on the new kit. Although they might not be able to use a third kit in the Gold Cup since they reverted back to the Waldos for the 2013 tournament rather than using the Centennial kits. Then again they were able to use the red third kit in the 2011 Gold Cup so perhaps it just comes down to designating specific primary and secondaries to be used in the tournament.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This is extremely promising! And if the gold is yellowish gold rather than metallic gold, it very well may look exactly like the mockup, just a flat shade in that color (which I like). I actually like the version of the crest he used, but hopefully this new kit will have a gold crest outline to tie it all together. Very excited for it. Have you heard any details as far as shorts and socks colors?

Alright here's an updated mockup using the info provided by @hendocfc. I didn't really have any clue what to do for the sublimated star design so I just put the stars inside the navy hoops. But as far as the colors go it sounds like the updated shades of red and yellowish gold should be more accurate.

GoldCup.thumb.png.10638335e3ab8f7856a5a61a8616cb3d.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

When is this kit supposed to launch? If it's for the GC, that's beginning of July, but it seems like an odd time to release it. I'd think Nike would shoot for May or early June so people can get it for early summer, not midway through the season.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Alright here's an updated mockup using the info provided by @hendocfc. I didn't really have any clue what to do for the sublimated star design so I just put the stars inside the navy hoops. But as far as the colors go it sounds like the updated shades of red and yellowish gold should be more accurate.

GoldCup.thumb.png.10638335e3ab8f7856a5a61a8616cb3d.png

If it's like this I might have to shell out a little more money for either a Pulisic or a customized one cause that is what I've been wanting for years.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived