2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

16 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

A clearer picture of the Manchester City shirt,better showing the shade of claret:

2017041823374822499479.jpg

I feel like this would look better with white shorts but I know it will be monotone just to destroy the look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now a better look at the Sounders' Adidas Parley kit:

IMG_3569.thumb.JPG.b3aa5f5c0852e1547605a6183ac668f7.JPG

The gray is a bit darker than the photos in the release, so the contrast between these and the white kits should be a little bit better than it initially seemed. It also looks like the kits will be monochrome as you can see the gray shorts in the above image. I'd say Orlando's and LA's are much less offensive than NYCFC's and Seattle's. The print is pretty ugly on the gray base but it's not so bad on the white. As an aside, the metallic effect on the XBOX logo on the Sounders' shirt is really ugly. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

How do you make a one-off manufacturer-focused gimmick kit worse? By making it ostensibly in service of environmentalism. Cynical to the core.

(Design would make a nice enough fashion jersey in non-metallic team colors though.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And now a better look at the Sounders' Adidas Parley kit:

IMG_3569.thumb.JPG.b3aa5f5c0852e1547605a6183ac668f7.JPG

The gray is a bit darker than the photos in the release, so the contrast between these and the white kits should be a little bit better than it initially seemed. It also looks like the kits will be monochrome as you can see the gray shorts in the above image. I'd say Orlando's and LA's are much less offensive than NYCFC's and Seattle's. The print is pretty ugly on the gray base but it's not so bad on the white. As an aside, the metallic effect on the XBOX logo on the Sounders' shirt is really ugly. 

Weird to see this template not on a white kit, every single adidas club has it on white I'm pretty sure

First couple looks at the replica version of the new Barça shirt:

IMG_3598.JPG.27c9a3e4f13a31761abd0751a28b3502.JPGIMG_3599.JPG.60320ee4bac82574d73cb102ac2f3ae3.JPG

Obvjosuly these don't show much but they do give a nice look at the colors. They are indeed back to the darker blue and red hues after this season's kit used brighter blue and red colors.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Plain until they add all the sponsor logos. 

I'm might go to sponsorless next season, at least on the front. Inter sport is out, and it is looking more and more likely OM will wait until hopefully in champions league to get a new sponsor. 

Beisdes, OM only had one front, one arm, and a back for the jersey. Not exactly littered with ads, like other teams. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

9 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Barca's blue is a bit lighter than the one used before this season,it's not exactly the dark blue they used to have. 

Yeah true, it looks to be fairly comparable with the blue that was used for several years prior to the 2012/13 season.

IMG_3605.JPG.65bb1f4ccf555ee8ef1b2b604e91dbb7.JPGIMG_3602.JPG.b5c6b4c460beaf15cdcf4022be15b09b.JPGIMG_3604.JPG.25f49b38904212a8e6390840d56b5aae.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

If it were a team without the history of Barca, then it's passable. Still not a great look, but not awful. But considering Barca is supposed to use red and blue stripes, this is pretty bad. Aside from that narrow dash of red down the middle, this kit is going to be 90% blue.

58 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They look better since the striping is not crowded into the center of the jersey. I wonder if we'll be seeing a new jersey font for them this year. 

A couple of the new 2017/18 Nike Barça balls have already been leaked and they used the same font, so it looks like it's staying around.

As far as the kit goes, I'm pretty indifferent to it as an avid fan of the club. They've generally been alternating between more traditional and more experimental designs so I don't really have a problem with the direction they went with after this season's kit was pretty classy and traditional. And I also don't really have an issue with the kit being mainly blue as that's not really all that uncommon for them, at least recently anyways. All in all it's a decent and fairly inoffensive effort, and it'll just look like a thick red stripe when viewed from afar. As long as they revert back to more traditional stripes for 2018/19 then I have no problem with this upcoming kit. I will say that I'm happy to see the return of blue and red hues that are similar to those used prior to 2012/13, and I'm happy to see the Catalan flag detail in a more prominent position than this season's kit, even if it's placement is a bit awkward. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived