2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Or if they must use navy, why the Adidas stripes are white. That's not one of their color combinations. Red or even gold would be so much better. 

I think Red Bull just put their teams in generic teamwear gear, though adding yellow instead of white would liven them up.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised RBNY have stuck with so much navy with the advent of NYCFC, but who knows what weird corporate decision making is happening at the brain trust.

cautiously optimistic about DCU -- would think that mockup is too dark overall, though.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

54 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think Red Bull just put their teams in generic teamwear gear, though adding yellow instead of white would liven them up.

All MLS teams use the same standard Adidas templates for their training and sideline gear.  There's absolutely no reason why the Red Bulls can't have theirs in team colors, since every other club manages to.

53 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

All MLS teams use the same standard Adidas templates for their training and sideline gear.  There's absolutely no reason why the Red Bulls can't have theirs in team colors, since every other club manages to.

Agreed, but I think it's a decision made intentionally rather than them not caring.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Oh, I agree.  I never meant to imply they didn't care, rather that it was a deliberate choice and an odd one.  

I guess I didn't understand what you meant by Red Bull putting their team in generic team wear, since that implies a limited set of options. Which we know isn't the case - Adidas will make whatever custom team colors they want. 

4 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Juventus third:

juventus-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

The new logo looks good here, just not as good as the current badge though. If they added something to give the impression of a shields shadow to the left of it it might balance everything better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Finally, baby steps of clarity around the mysterious MNUFC kits. From a design perspective, shame that the logo clashes so much with the Loons' brand. From an economic perspective, that's a huge get for a mid-market expansion team, and for MLS as a whole (they're now a league partner as well).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Interesting.  Strong local choice.  Wonder if they'll use the horizontal or vertical version of the logo?

Target.png     

target-header.gif

Back to New York City - this photo seems to indicate blue shorts.

David appears to be wearing the leaked shirt under his anthem jacket, and that sure looks like navy shorts with a sky blue number.  Fingers crossed....

DavidAndJack.jpg

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Interesting.  Strong local choice.  Wonder if they'll use the horizontal or vertical version of the logo?

Target.png     

target-header.gif

Back to New York City - this photo seems to indicate blue shorts.

David appears to be wearing the leaked shirt under his anthem jacket, and that sure looks like navy shorts with a sky blue number.  Fingers crossed....

DavidAndJack.jpg

Won't happen, but I would like to see them just use the target in the target logo. 

If they use the whole mark, I'm hoping for horizontal. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Maybe we can look at historical precedent - TIL that Target sponsored Minnesota's team in the 1990s.

Minnesota_Thunder_teamphoto.png

I'm told they used this red version on the white homes, but a white version of the same logo on their blue road jerseys.  Note also the keepers' Technicolor shirts, which use a white logo with the bullseye above the name.

16 minutes ago, Capt. America said:

It would seem that the Dynamo might be updating their home kit as well. The pattern reflects the outside of BBVA Compass Stadium. I found this on the Dynamo reddit.

IMG_1397.PNG

Yeah this is a concept from @Digby's MLS kit concept thread on the site. It's a very well executed concept though so I can understand how you confused it for the real deal.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived