2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Digby said:

The claret band looks totally out of place -- needs a little bit more elsewhere in the kit (and would have helped to differentiate it besides).

I definitely agree with you just on the aesthetics, but the claret trim only being on the socks is actually something that has some historical precedent in City's history. From 1962-72 they wore kits that featured claret/maroon trim exclusively on the socks (the exception being a thin claret stripe on the shorts in '68/69) and this new kit is supposedly inspired by the '67/68 version (the third image below):

IMG_4647.GIF.eac93d3f0dde5c7bbea9852f514329be.GIFIMG_4646.GIF.13e7852fb4b5a93e9d62df6e8759b9a9.GIFIMG_4643.GIF.dac8a875a534fcc9767ad1365814d1b6.GIFIMG_4644.GIF.b3ed09277b7b737814ecb9baf687d1d5.GIFIMG_4642.GIF.db15afe758c8c126da70890cf7c177d7.GIF

And even the last time they had claret/maroon trim on the home kit, in 2010/11, it was still just used on the socks (and they actually used the proper striping pattern):

IMG_4641.GIF.b93b2e69bd0b8c7b9e7f0fe8186a87de.GIF

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Looks like this might be the new streamlined La Liga kit font for next season:

IMG_4651.JPG.1f535c9d50300cf8543fc3a7b9018eea.JPGIMG_4650.thumb.JPG.fa27dc41a36027b9cc96b27e4f46ddd7.JPG

Not terrible, but I'm still dissapointed they're moving away from letting the teams wear their own unique kit fonts during league matches. At least it seems like there won't be a limited number of colors since they'll be customized with the crests of each club.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Nike's first Spurs shirt has finally leaked. There were plenty of fakes floating around, but this is the real deal:

IMG_4656.JPG.b31229b327534c1c3284e091a91974a5.JPGIMG_4657.JPG.398d668e55fd9aa5f0fa54cafb30d870.JPG

I think it's quite nice with the retro-inspired badge and the stripes around the collar. It's just a shame the AIA logo continues to be red on the home kits.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I know that Footyheadlines posted it too, but when I saw it floating around on Twitter, I thought it looked fake and still do. The Nike logo and the Spurs badge look off, the sleeve materials do not match what we've seen on releases so far, and the white part on the neck is substantially thicker than what was released (City and Barca) and looks more like last season's collar on this season's sleeves. I'll believe it's real when I see it, although this isn't necessarily a bad look. 

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

I know that Footyheadlines posted it too, but when I saw it floating around on Twitter, I thought it looked fake and still do. The Nike logo and the Spurs badge look off, the sleeve materials do not match what we've seen on releases so far, and the white part on the neck is substantially thicker than what was released (City and Barca) and looks more like last season's collar on this season's sleeves. I'll believe it's real when I see it, although this isn't necessarily a bad look. 

Todo Sobre Camisetas posted it as well. The images show the replica version, not the authentic Vapor Aeroswift match shirt. And since it's the replica version, the Nike logo and Spurs badge are both sewn on rather than heat transferred like on the authentic. The materials on the sleeves don't match what's been seen on the authentic versions of the new Nike shirts for next season, but they do match up with the materials on all of the replica versions that have been released. Now the images could very well show a late prototype or sample version of the shirt, which might explain the thicker top portion of the collar, but the design is very much real. I have a few friends who work in sports retail, one of which works at a local exclusive soccer store, and they were able to confirm that the leaked kit is real. I asked them shortly after FH and TSC posted the images, and, although they haven't physically received the new Spurs shirts yet, they said they've seen catalog images and/or detailed descriptions, and they matched up with the leak.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

hmmmmmmm idk how i feel about it. Im a spurs fan, yes. i mean its better than what we had the last few years but i was hoping for racing sstripes down the front center, kinda like PSG. Oh well. plain white is never a bad look for a team known as the lilywhites. i dont like the underarm blue, it looks like there are little white stripes on the inside of it. once again, could be worse. we couldve gotten a template design and let it be ruined.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

12 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I loved the Spurs kits with the blue yoke on them...is that an unpopular opinion around here?

That kit will always be special because it's the first season I followed Spurs. I thought it was clean and stood out in the PL. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Is it me or are the names/numbers very awkwardly places on the Barca jerseys. There is too much space between them, or maybe it is the curve of the lettering.

Great kit for Aston Villa. Surprisingly clean kit from Under Armour too. (Arsenal would look great in that template) No sponsor for Villa this year? 

Also very surprised we haven't heard anything about this new USA kit that is supposed to launch for the Gold Cup kit. 

9 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Pisa new logo:

all-new-pisa-logo-name+%25284%2529.jpg

I didn't google it to see which one was new...but I'm not seeing an upside to either of these.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

FH's mockup of Nike's first Chelsea home shirt:

IMG_4675.JPG.fc50af3e4ce6aa11d4ebc720acc66b86.JPG

Matches up with what I've heard, with white only appearing on the logos and names/numbers on the back. The shorts will be almost entirely blue like the shirt, while the first choice socks will obviously be white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived