infrared41's Best and Worst 2016 - NFL Week 13

infrared41

unpopular opinion: i like the Bengals unis, and that set is their best :)

on the topic of cleats though, there were all kinds of great causes being represented and most of the cleats looked really cool. i love the NFL allowed this initiative to happen for 1 week and would love to see the others (breast cancer awareness, military appreciation, etc) be limited to 1 week as well. 

we didn't put out any pics of the back of Jay Ajayi's cleats, but there was a Red Power Ranger helmet on the back of these. also supporting MENs research and awareness

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 2.34.17 PM.png 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that Elliot's shoes can bring a little awareness...but (and maybe they are already doing this) it would be great if they would auction them off with the proceeds going to the ASPCA or something.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The funny thing about the Dolphins is that what makes their colors so appropriate for Miami/south Florida is also what makes them really terrible for any cold weather city. 

I love the way the Dolphins' old uniforms looked in the snow.  Maybe it's the extra light bouncing around, or maybe it's that I know it doesn't belong in the cold.

aaa-75844.jpg

112414-NFL-Cowboys-Lincoln-Coleman-pi-ss

9 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

For us older folks (i.e., time goes fast and this does not seem that long ago), it's a reminder that teams like the Bengals and Eagles have had these uniforms for a long time now, particularly the Eagles.  And they are both getting really, really stale.

A while back, someone started a thread titled "Uniforms that have not aged well."  The Eagles may top that list for me.   

At 41, I'm old enough.

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

At 41, I'm old enough.

I'm 42...and 2000 seems like yesterday.  It feels like the Bengals just made that switch to me.  So I was just kinda saying "oh yeah, it actually has been a long time."  

Time to make a change, Eagles and Bengals, among others.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

9 hours ago, infrared41 said:

You kids and your new fangled uniform talk. B)

. . . says one of the few people around here older than me (if memory serves me).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

That was the joke, sonny. B)

I'm aware of that, you old geezer.  I was born at night, but not last night.  :cursing:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Hard to believe the Bengals current look is in its 13th year. It's way over due for a change, but I'm afraid Nike won't be able to help themselves and I don't trust Bengals ownership to push back on Nike's terrible ideas. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

If you don't get off my lawn thread I'm calling the police. :cursing:

Bring it on, old man!  I just took my Geritol and drank a Gin Rickey, so you don't scare me!

3 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Bring it on, old man!  I just took my Geritol and drank a Gin Rickey, so you don't scare me!

Geritol? Well isn't that a fine kettle of fish*. You kids and your new-fangled medicine. I don't chew my cabbage twice*, sonny. Get off of my lawn thread. 

*special thanks to Google for helping me find the "old expressions" thread on some website.

BB52Big.jpg

On 12/7/2016 at 1:07 PM, infrared41 said:

Only if you're also willing to admit that you were high and listening to Pink Floyd while watching the game. B)

1. I don't smoke. Not even the legal stuff. 

2. Pink Floyd's good and all, but I actually enjoy hearing the plays during football, LOL. 

This isn't our 1st time disagreeing though on a matchup. I usually judge most of these on the picture posted, as I don't watch a lot of football. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

15 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I'm 42...and 2000 seems like yesterday.  It feels like the Bengals just made that switch to me.  So I was just kinda saying "oh yeah, it actually has been a long time."  

Time to make a change, Eagles and Bengals, among others.

I'll be 40 in a month.  Now I don't feel so bad..there are other old people on here!  LOL

1 minute ago, mjd77 said:

I'll be 40 in a month.  Now I don't feel so bad..there are other old people on here!  LOL

I'm about 9 1/2 years ahead of you.  You're in good company.

That's right...some of us remember un-ironic mullets!

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

1. I don't smoke. Not even the legal stuff. 

2. Pink Floyd's good and all, but I actually enjoy hearing the plays during football, LOL. 

This isn't our 1st time disagreeing though on a matchup. I usually judge most of these on the picture posted, as I don't watch a lot of football. 

It was a joke, Kitt. I was kidding. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived