colortv

Bucks logo faces opposition from Jagermeister

Honestly, the old deer head looked more like the Jägermeister logo than the new one.

Also, couldn't they have figured this out sooner than 20 months later?

buckslogocritique_fullsize_story1.jpg

jagerlabel.jpg

Sorry, I'm not seeing it.

I'll agree the old logo looks more like the jager logo that the new one.  Either way this is complete nonsense.

16 minutes ago, LMU said:

buckslogocritique_fullsize_story1.jpg

Wow, the old logo still looks so much better. What a downgrade.

Another point: the Bucks have used a deer head as their primary logo SINCE FREAKING 1993!

Nice of you to wake up there, Jäger brass.

I think the issue is the combo of the head in the circle and the similar colors both use. Take it out of the circle and there's no issue.

Jaegermeister%20Milwaukee%20Bucks_148140

The circle version is by far my least favorite.  Wouldn't mind seeing it out of the rotation. 

Isn't the question in these things usually something to the effect of "could the Bucks logo be confused for the Jagermeister logo?" I think the answer is a pretty easy no. The article says that the filing is basically a formality and that Jagermeister and the Bucks are working together to make sure the Bucks ante up some cash come to an agreement in which the Bucks can use the logo. 

Anyway, I agree that the old Bucks logo is closer to the Jager logo than the new one is. 

This is just wishful thinking, but I'd be happy to see the Bucks discontinue the circular primary logo (clunky letters and empty cream space) and stick with just the stand-alone animal head version. And at least the Jägermeister logo looks like a deer and not a kangaroo with antlers. But really, no one's confusing the two, other than, yes, they both have antlers.

The new Bucks logo actually is very similar to the Jagermeister logo.

Both use a circle, double outlined.  

Both have 6 point antlers, a huge counting aspect for a buck.  

I can see their claims.

Not sure I agree with the Germans.

I mean, there is certainly a lot of trademarks, clubs logos etc with the exact or about the exact spirit of a buck facing the viewer.

Its too generic, not particular.

And the Bucks are not a alcool company, they are a basketball team.

What is Ford motors waiting to sue Peterbilt trucks?

ford.png

peter.jpg

21 hours ago, The Golden One said:

Here's the image the original article uses to compare the two.

636168947078298871-MJS-JAEGER-deer-logos

It's a deer. Nothing more to say ;)

Only so many ways to skin a deer

I knew about the NBA rule about having a basketball in the logo, and I knew about the ball in the antlers, but wow I just thought about both of those at the same time and they really nailed getting around those rules

Yes, that is pretty darn close....  Not sure how many Jager drinkers would notice if the label changed to this:

DAASiZI.png

I wouldn't be too upset if the Bucks had to change their logo due to this. Mostly because I don't think the Bucks have had a good logo in their history, so I'd like to see them just keep trying until they get something worthwhile.