North American Pro Soccer 2017

Gothamite

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

How much property? :P

Currently, a couple of condos and a house. I'm in the process of renovating the condos (combining the two units into a single home) and selling the house.

So, no, not a big enough footprint to play host to San Diego's Major League Soccer franchise. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some images of what the San Diego MLS group envisions building privately. It would seat 30,000 and be expandable for SDSU football.

stadiumInterior.jpg

stadium1.jpg

They've also established a new website for their effort at soccercitysd.com.

The plan would involve the group buying 80 acres of city owned land at market value and developing it with 55 acres of open space and the rest would be mixed use development, SDSU student housing and the soccer/NCAA D1 stadium.

6 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

Some images of what the San Diego MLS group envisions building privately. It would seat 30,000 and be expandable for SDSU football.

stadiumInterior.jpg

stadium1.jpg

They've also established a new website for their effort at soccercitysd.com.

The plan would involve the group buying 80 acres of city owned land at market value and developing it with 55 acres of open space and the rest would be mixed use development, SDSU student housing and the soccer/NCAA D1 stadium.

The renderings are cool and all but I really hope we don't another Sky Blue & Navy team. NYCFC & Kansas City are enough when it comes to that quota. 

The LAFC original renderings had them in black and red but they eventually changed to black and gold so there is that at least. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

So the deadline to apply for MLS expansion is tomorrow, and for an unknown number of slots (let's go with 4 for the moment), we have a running list of 

St. Louis, Sacramento, San Diego, Charlotte/Raleigh (there's no way both get one), Cincinnati, Detroit, Nashville, San Antonio, Tampa, and I believe Phoenix. We're certainly getting at least one of those California cities, and at least one in the Midwest, but from there, I can't guess one way or the other.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

1 hour ago, Nyk33 said:

The renderings are cool and all but I really hope we don't another Sky Blue & Navy team. NYCFC & Kansas City are enough when it comes to that quota. 

The LAFC original renderings had them in black and red but they eventually changed to black and gold so there is that at least. 

The colors are placeholders.

23 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

So the deadline to apply for MLS expansion is tomorrow, and for an unknown number of slots (let's go with 4 for the moment), we have a running list of 

St. Louis, Sacramento, San Diego, Charlotte/Raleigh (there's no way both get one), Cincinnati, Detroit, Nashville, San Antonio, Tampa, and I believe Phoenix. We're certainly getting at least one of those California cities, and at least one in the Midwest, but from there, I can't guess one way or the other.

Indianapolis, too!

6fQjS3M.png

18 hours ago, Mockba said:

My AO section ticket was $28 for yesterday's game.

The cheapest ticket for their game in Chattanooga this week was like $28-30.  Cheapest available ticket now is somewhere around $40, I think.

I'd go, but the game being on Thursday night doesn't quite work for me.

We'll see.  Detroit just lost their preferred stadium location, which doesn't bode well for their bid.

Apparently San Diego is looking forward to welcoming NYCFC to their stadium - that's our version of the MLS logo. :P

C3dDpclWMAEBKFj.jpg

Here's a handy checklist:

MLS_Next.png

I don't see any sources that are saying that the failed jail site is out of play... and even if it is not viable, there are several other locations inside Detroit that they could build a soccer stadium.

1 hour ago, GFB said:

I don't see any sources that are saying that the failed jail site is out of play... and even if it is not viable, there are several other locations inside Detroit that they could build a soccer stadium.

Maybe not as entirely out of play as I understood, but not good.

County plans to move ahead with long-stalled jail

Plans to relocate Wayne County's new jail to make way for a soccer stadium appear to be dying as the county announced today that it  will try to restart the long-stalled construction project at Gratiot and St. Antoine near Greektown.

County Executive Warren Evans has said for months that he planned to move ahead at the Gratiot site unless he was offered a better deal. He said today the next step in that process — seeking a proposal from Walsh  Construction, the only qualified bidder to agree to take the job — will happen Feb. 10.

"Finishing the jail at the Gratiot site is the quickest and most cost-effective solution to this long-standing challenge facing Wayne County," Evans said in a statement. "The county will not consider any alternative proposals after issuing the request for proposal.”

Well, jail isn't a prison.  It makes a certain amount of sense for a jail to be centrally located for visits and court appearances, if real estate downtown is not at a premium.  

I don't know much about Detroit's real estate market beyond what I read in the New York Post...

bgwfw5.jpg

but I'm given to understand that's not really a prime concern.  

Archived