Eleventy One Studio Logo

mcrosby

I've been working on a logo for my cousin's studio. She makes beautiful reclaimed wood (not pallet wood, that bubble burst a few years ago) art and has been more successful than she could have ever imagined. 

I was hoping to make her a logo that looked crisp, fitting of her artisanal style, and not something that would qualify as a hipster logo

Here's where we are currently. Let me know what you think. 

eo.png

e1.png

A few things:

Reclaimed wood is a hipster trend! As a pseudo-hipster, I can say that with certainty! Embrace it with a hipster logo!

Second, her work is really good! I'd buy it if I had the money.

The logos you have are good. If I had to choose one, I'd probably choose the first one from a more hipster-y perspective. I'd choose the second one over personal preference.

Lastly, I think the "Eleventy One" wordmark would look better without the three number 1s making up the E. It's really clever, but just a personal preference, again.

Other than those few nitpicks, what you have here is really good!

I think there's a huge missed opportunity here for using the negative space between the 3 lines to form the shape of an 11 but that's just me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

i preferred the the heavier line weight for the icon. with the thinner, i think the details of it will disappear a bit at smaller sizes and on textures (as you used it the first time. i imagine this being burned into the wood). its a good logo, but i dont think you need to repeat any of the ideas in the wordmark, like the variation of it in the E or the O. but, if you want to tie it into the wordmark, i would recommend making the E the same as whatever the icon is. don't have one turned 45 degrees and the other not. when you separate the two it's going to look off and people won't really be sure how it's supposed to be oriented. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'll have to agree with @BrandMooreArt in regards to the thicker mark being the better of the two. It just seems to stand out better and appears stronger. 

I'll also echo @CS85's comment that adding an 11 in the negative space has the potential to look great. 

As for the lettering, the O's cut doesn't bother me as much as how the E looks. To me it looks like a shadow of some sort. Not sure if that was intentional, but it feels disconnected from the rest of the lettering. I'd make a stencil E similar to the rest of the lettering you've used this far.

Great start, though! Can't wait to see the finished product. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Are the half serifs on the first two 1s there to make the 111 also be an E? If yes, it's really not obvious and the only way I knew is because I was so puzzled by why the two 1s were different than the 3rd. If that's the case I think it would be better with just more normal-looking 1s. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Totally unrelated, but I'm digging the Vox amp in the pictures from her studio. I'm guessing it's an AC15. Looks a little small to be an AC30 but it's hard to tell in the pictures. (Tell her to lose that sticker or whatever it is on the screen. It kills the look of the amp)

Anyway, I like the first version your logo. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived