Death to the Block S

raysox

2 minutes ago, Yac12 said:

Am I alone or not alone in my perception?  

Not alone . . . in your perception or showing your age..  That's what I get for proofreading too quickly.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• LMU unlocked this topic

Hey guys! Wanted to do a revisit of this. 

I tweeted my behance project for the Stanford logo, and replied with the big super cut of Spartans logos I tried to create. I never felt like this one was finished.

DwRz-GVUcAE9Wki.png:large

Then my friend DM'd me with an idea. Basically suggested that the rounded versions felt more samurai than spartan, and said it may look better if it was structured. I went ahead and played with the concept and here's what I came up with. The inline is greek inspired, with the break clearly marking an M S and U

DwUJRXpVYAIBB-r.png

I'm not sure what I think about the inline, but I do like the more angular approach you're taking with that latest set. Whenever I look at the original MSU one you posted, I see the Spartan mask, but the "U" makes me think the Spartan has some massive bull nose ring sticking out. That goes away with the new concept. Maybe shorten the legs of the "M" and lengthen the "U" so it looks like a chin or mouth?

To go back to your original post, I love how you have long explanations for both Michigan State and Stanford, then for Syracuse it's just "This one is an orange." And it works.

Once you get the concept down pat for these three places, are you willing to take on other places that use a block S? NC State uses one. So does Slippery Rock and the Swedish hockey team Sodertalje. I'd love to see what you could pull off for those.

Archived