Jump to content

2017 Motorsports Paint Schemes


raysox

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

WOW, Johnson with a Brawn-like livery. i like it too. would prefer to see the numbers in that Volt color though. 

So would everyone else. There was a fan campaign to add the traditional yellow numbers back to Johnson's car, and Lowe's (or Hendrick Motorsports perhaps) finally caved halfway through the 2016 season. They made a big deal about it coming back, and he got his historic 7th title with the yellow numbers. And now they're gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ODUMonarchs said:

Interesting I agree volt numbers would help them pop more, also is it just me or does the valvoline decal seem to be in a odd spot... it just seems added in after the fact 

If you're referring to the one on the rear of the car beneath the taillight, traditionally (since the early 90s), teams would put decals over the taillight area, and then when taillight decals were added in the late 90s, over top of them, along with the car number. This also applied to car numbers and team logos on the headlights. But with the change to the Gen 6 body styles in 2013, the manufacturers requested that those areas be kept clear (as they would be on a street car), so teams moved those sponsor and team decals just below.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ODUMonarchs said:

Interesting I agree volt numbers would help them pop more, also is it just me or does the valvoline decal seem to be in a odd spot... it just seems added in after the fact 

 

i t hink you could say that about all of the smaller sponsor stickers. there's never much thought put into them and always seem to go wherever someone wants to place them, without any effort for legibility. this being a great example – the black and white design cuts through the stack of decals on the door. you wouldnt do such a thing if they were realy meant to be readable. they're just there to be there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I've noticed on new schemes is that the space in the smaller sponsor logos infront of the number where the series logos go is empty(like the 48) or has the NASCAR logo for all the released liveries.

2017-chase-elliott-napa.jpg

 

The reason is obvious, but it's pretty interesting.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dang it, Michael! Ya beat me to it this year! :P

 

I'm liking Chase's paint scheme this year since it includes a little more yellow/gold. Not as big of a fan of the recent trend of making the back bumper a different color than the rest of the body, but I've slowly been getting used to it over the past couple of years. It's almost like sleeve caps on a football jersey. 

 

Here's Jimmie's Lowe's scheme:

48lowes-left-twitter.jpg

I never minded the blue-and-white era paint scheme since it was simplistic, but I love it that they brought back the neon yellow numbers (top of the car) and have finally incorporated the color into the rest of the car besides the numbers. Probably my favorite Lowe's scheme along with the 2006-10 and last season's schemes. The new Kobalt scheme is pretty cool as well.

---------

Others: New Nationwide/Dale Earnhardt Jr. scheme:

88nationwide-dalejr-nw88tw.jpg

Ryan Newman returns to RCR with a new white paint scheme, sponsored by Caterpillar:

31caterpillar-diecast.jpg

New Austin Dillon scheme with gradients:

 

3dow-diecast.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few more:

Paul Menard:

The colors on the hood and around the rear wheels will change from week to week, depending on the hood sponsor, but this is the new layout.

27menards-lionel.jpg

 

Erik Jones:
This is a new team from Furniture Row Racing, teammate to Martin Truex, Jr. It could end up being a one-year deal, since Jones is more or less "on loan" from Joe Gibbs Racing, which is at its capacity of 4 cars. Can't say I'm liking this scheme compared to 5 Hour Energy's looks with Clint Bowyer in recent years.

77five-hour-energy-ejtw.jpg

 

Jamie McMurray:
A new sponsor for the 1 car, apparently a sizeable deal, joining McDonald's and Cessna.

1gearwrench-left-pr.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2016 at 0:34 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

 

i t hink you could say that about all of the smaller sponsor stickers. there's never much thought put into them and always seem to go wherever someone wants to place them, without any effort for legibility. this being a great example – the black and white design cuts through the stack of decals on the door. you wouldnt do such a thing if they were realy meant to be readable. they're just there to be there

 

If you're talking about the contingency decals on the fender in front of the front tire and behind the front tire, they aren't meant be read by you and I. The are "free money" and teams get money for certain bonuses as long as they run the decal. The only ones that have to be run are the NASCAR Series decal, the NASCAR Official Car that gets placed there once you pass inspection (I think), and the Sunoco Fuel that's on the front fender. NASCAR gives teams a preferred location for the decals and usually teams place higher paying decals above the lower paying decals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, oddball said:

 

If you're talking about the contingency decals on the fender in front of the front tire and behind the front tire, they aren't meant be read by you and I. The are "free money" and teams get money for certain bonuses as long as they run the decal. The only ones that have to be run are the NASCAR Series decal, the NASCAR Official Car that gets placed there once you pass inspection (I think), and the Sunoco Fuel that's on the front fender. NASCAR gives teams a preferred location for the decals and usually teams place higher paying decals above the lower paying decals.

 

 

"NASCAR Race Car/Truck", Series Decal, Coors Pole Award, and the Sunoco logo are all that are required on the car. They are on the cars at all times, only thing that changes on Raceday is the  Coors Pole Award. Standard decal just says "Coors Light Pole Award" but if a drive earns the pole, a new decal is applied that says "Coors Light Pole Award Winner"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, philcar1994 said:

 

 

"NASCAR Race Car/Truck", Series Decal, Coors Pole Award, and the Sunoco logo are all that are required on the car. They are on the cars at all times, only thing that changes on Raceday is the  Coors Pole Award. Standard decal just says "Coors Light Pole Award" but if a drive earns the pole, a new decal is applied that says "Coors Light Pole Award Winner"

 

Coors Pole Award decals is not required. There are actually two cars that don't run the decal, the 43 of Almirola and the 4 of Harvick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, raysox said:

Hmmm, is that due to Busch and (I'm assuming) Twisted Tea? Then that means Keselowski runs it?

Miller and Coors are marketed and sold by the same company in the US (MillerCoors) so there's technically no conflict for the Miller car to sport a Coors sicker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.