nbitterman

2016 NFL Fields

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I was about to mention that. It was especially bad between the logo and P of the Patriots endzone in your pic. The SB logos also had a bit of fading heavily throughout them. Which is amazing given this is turf, and they can use paints that require  pressure-washing to get out, rather than grass where chalk-based water soluble might be needed.

 

Also, anyone else notice the turf seem around the NFL logo? It looked like it was a square patch installed. Was it the old Texans turf and they replaced a square with a blank for the Super Bowl? I know they switched to turf full time, but their HS games use a different turf (or at least did). Curious why the problems. Did the Canton crew put in a bid for the paint job?

 

The field issues were probably due to the Halftime Show. It looked fine in pregame but after Halftime it looked worn out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bingo. That was the exact path that everyone on the field had to walk for the halftime show. One of the reporters covering the game posted a video in the 3rd quarter showing the mass exodus after Lady Gaga's performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the new paint they're using on fields. The paint isn't thick enough. The green always shows. It doesn't matter if it's grass or an artificial surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The GB/Pitt SB in Dallas a few years ago had some major paint/field issues as well.  Even before the halftime show it looked washed out in quite a few spots.  And B'More/SF game in New Orleans.  Hmmmmmmm, maybe its the field turf surface, seems like a common theme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This time lapse shows the deterioration of the field. You can pretty clearly see where the halftime show caused issues with the Patriots endzone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The field was completely repainted Saturday. Before the game it looked nice. Halftime destroyed the Patriots endzone. Most insane game I've ever been too.

IMG_7868.JPG

 

IMG_7971.PNG

IMG_7949.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't some of the artificial turf fields have color blades(not sure what to call them) woven into the field? Couldn't the NFL do that for Super Bowl's played on artificial turf? At least for the shield and sb logos, after the game give it to the winning team like the NCAA does after the final four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ltp74 said:

Don't some of the artificial turf fields have color blades(not sure what to call them) woven into the field? Couldn't the NFL do that for Super Bowl's played on artificial turf? At least for the shield and sb logos, after the game give it to the winning team like the NCAA does after the final four.

It takes way too much time to get that done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2017 at 0:49 AM, Sykotyk said:

I was about to mention that. It was especially bad between the logo and P of the Patriots endzone in your pic. The SB logos also had a bit of fading heavily throughout them. Which is amazing given this is turf, and they can use paints that require  pressure-washing to get out, rather than grass where chalk-based water soluble might be needed.

 

Also, anyone else notice the turf seem around the NFL logo? It looked like it was a square patch installed. Was it the old Texans turf and they replaced a square with a blank for the Super Bowl? I know they switched to turf full time, but their HS games use a different turf (or at least did). Curious why the problems. Did the Canton crew put in a bid for the paint job?

 

the "square patch" wasn't your imagination

 

 

vlcsnap-2017-02-07-16h49m08s210.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it wasn't your imagination. They used the Texans turf. The NFL cut out the area around the logo and the endzones. Then replaced them with blank turf and painted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2017 at 8:34 AM, ltp74 said:

Don't some of the artificial turf fields have color blades(not sure what to call them) woven into the field? Couldn't the NFL do that for Super Bowl's played on artificial turf? At least for the shield and sb logos, after the game give it to the winning team like the NCAA does after the final four.

The NCAA doesn't give it away.  The school whomever wins, buys it.  I know Florida did after their back to back national titles and re-designed it as their home floor for a few seasons, I believe.

 

Also there's this:

 

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2009-02-26-final-four-champion-floor_N.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2016 at 3:22 PM, axlrush said:

Great thread.  I love field designs.

 

Great job!

 

Same here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2017 at 8:45 AM, dont care said:

It takes way too much time to get that done

 

Field turf is little strands of green plastic.  The plastic can be any color, but for the field they use green.  I can tell you for MetLife stadium the actually blades of plastic are blue or dark green for the giants or jets ends zone and the NFL logo at midfield is red white and blue plastic blades.     They don't paint the green plastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's say the Vikings were to make it to the super bowl this year. Would they even bother painting an end zone? Or would they just use the one the Vikings already have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old high schools turf had blades that were molded in the color they were supposed to be. And it made logos look clean and awesome. For an organization with the money and power like the NFL, they should be able to pull it off in the super bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 8:20 PM, goforbroke said:

 

Field turf is little strands of green plastic.  The plastic can be any color, but for the field they use green.  I can tell you for MetLife stadium the actually blades of plastic are blue or dark green for the giants or jets ends zone and the NFL logo at midfield is red white and blue plastic blades.     They don't paint the green plastic. 

It would take too much time to manufacture the endzones considering they don't know who the 2 teams will be until 2 weeks before the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.