Star Wars Baseball (Toronto Tauntauns & Washington Senators, Series Finished)

MJD7

The Rebels look awesome. I like the thinking behind making them Boston's team. The sleeveless look works really well for them. Some of the jerseys are a little plain, though, so I'd think about adding front numbers.

So if Boston are the Rebels, will New York be the Empire? ;)

By the way, definitely check out "Rebels" when you have the chance. It's actually a pretty great show.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Rebels look awesome. I like the thinking behind making them Boston's team. The sleeveless look works really well for them. Some of the jerseys are a little plain, though, so I'd think about adding front numbers.

By the way, definitely check out "Rebels" when you have the chance. It's actually a pretty great show.

Really like that idea, and it also plays on the Boston-New York rivalry

22 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Here is the set with front numbers. Does it look better?

Boston Rebels Home.pngBoston Rebels Away.pngBoston Rebels Home Alternate.pngBoston Rebels Away Alternate.pngBoston Rebels Rogue One Alternate.png

13 hours ago, BenD said:

Really like that idea, and it also plays on the Boston-New York rivalry

Yea, I can say that this is definitely the direction I'm heading towards!

Yep, that looks much better! The numbers break up all the blank space on the unis.

Another team idea I had: The Washington Senators. You could use a blue and magenta color scheme to represent the Galactic Senate.

Looking forward to the Chicago teams!

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yep, that looks much better! The numbers break up all the blank space on the unis.

Another team idea I had: The Washington Senators. You could use a blue and magenta color scheme to represent the Galactic Senate.

Looking forward to the Chicago teams!

I was planning on naming them the Washington Senators, but as of now I have a different color scheme ready. When the time comes, maybe I can try both.

For now though, here are the Chicago Ewoks!

Uniforms

Chicago Ewoks Home.pngChicago Ewoks Away.pngChicago Ewoks Alternate 1.png

-I thought the colors chosen were pretty fitting, as I knew I wanted to have at least one primarily green team.

-The font chosen is literally named "Ewok," so I think it made sense as a choice.

-The cap logo is basically a recolored version of the old Cub logo, but with added gleam in the eyes for extra cuteness, if you will.

-The unique striping is based off of the wooden planks that make up the walkways through the trees on Endor. It seems kind of generic to me, but it was the best I could think of. Maybe someone else has a good idea?

-The away is brown to match the Ewok fur, and there is an added kelly green alternate.

-The Ewoks have been exclusive to Return of the Jedi so far, so there isn't any Force Awakens or Rogue One alternate.

If anyone has any advice on how to maybe improve the Ewoks, let me know!

The Ewoks look awesome, the only thing I might do is replace the lighter tan with sand. I can see why the fonts named ewok, it works perfectly here! There aren't a whole lot of things I would change about your first 5 teams, great work!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

3 hours ago, Bruins said:

The Ewoks look awesome, the only thing I might do is replace the lighter tan with sand. I can see why the fonts named ewok, it works perfectly here! There aren't a whole lot of things I would change about your first 5 teams, great work!

Here is what sand would look like:

Chicago Ewoks Home Proposal.png

I don't think that would make as much sense for Endor as maybe a redwood-type color would though?

Chicago Ewoks Home.png

1 hour ago, JMtexan09 said:

add a hoodie on the ewok logo then you are all good!

Alright, I'll try to do that!

30 minutes ago, Bruins said:

The sand, there's a little more contrast

Ah man, I don't know. I feel like the color scheme can be pretty well exemplified with this picture:

Image result for ewok

What do the rest of you like better, sand or redwood?

Regardless, before I go to see Rogue One (for the 3rd time) I wanted to get the Chicago Stormtroopers uploaded!

Uniforms

Chicago Stormtroopers Home.pngChicago Stormtroopers Away.pngChicago Stormtroopers Alternate 1.pngChicago Stormtroopers Episode VII Alternate.pngChicago Stormtroopers Rogue One Alternate.png

-The simple white and black color scheme was an obvious one when considering the iconic Stormtrooper uniform.

-The thicker black piping is intended to be like the different openings in stormtrooper armor.

-The font is called "CC Stormtrooper;" I found it everywhere when I looked up a stormtrooper font online.

-I used the typical gray road baseball uniform to my advantage by basically making that Captain Phasma's uniform, with a different hat logo to match.

-The regular alternate is all black to be like an Imperial TIE pilot.

-The Force Awakens alternate doesn't differ too much from the regular home, but electric blue accents are added based on FN-2199 (nicknamed "TR-8R"), the one who yells out "traitor!" and duels with Finn.

-The Rogue One alternate is based off of the fearsome death troopers that appear in the movie.

I'd be happy to hear what you guys think!

41 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I like the Stormtroopers, but I feel the name is too long to look good on the front of a jersey. What if you stacked the words "storm" and "troopers" on top of each other like on that old D-Backs uniform?

Also, what about trying this Blue Jays-esque split-style Stormtrooper font? http://befonts.com/stormtrooper.html

I have some other teams that I'm setting to do a double-deck font for as well, so I'll try that when I get home. That also gives me the opportunity to have the Rogue One alternate say "Death Troopers" instead if I want to. I'll try the Blue Jays type font as well and see how that looks.

Anyone else have any comments/criticisms?

14 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I have some other teams that I'm setting to do a double-deck font for as well, so I'll try that when I get home. That also gives me the opportunity to have the Rogue One alternate say "Death Troopers" instead if I want to. I'll try the Blue Jays type font as well and see how that looks.

Looking forward to it! 

Alright, just finished seeing Rogue One again!

Ok here is the Stormtroopers set with the double-deck font. I like it a lot better than the original, the name stands out much better now.

Chicago Stormtroopers Home.pngChicago Stormtroopers Away.pngChicago Stormtroopers Alternate 1.pngChicago Stormtroopers Episode VII Alternate.pngChicago Stormtroopers Rogue One Alternate.png

And here is a sample of the Blue Jays type wordmark. I tend to like the normal one better, just because of its simplicity and cleanliness I guess, but I'd like to hear what you all think.

Chicago Stormtroopers Proposal.png

And lastly, does anyone have a preference of tan or sand for the Ewoks so I can post the final update for them?

Thanks to everyone who is following this in any way!

I for one prefer the redwood-colored trim on the Ewoks.

I knew the double decker wordmark would look great on the Stormtroopers. Can we see the entire set in that split-style lettering and number style?

I also think you need the white helmet logo on the black alt. You can barely make out the logo the way it currently is. 

Archived