Pro Racquetball League- Fantasy Series (Detroit Speed 3/12 UPDATED 9/23/17)

ZionEagle

4 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I think that maybe you should change California and New York's team names.

How about the...

California Rush

California Prospectors 

California Gold Panners

California Surf

California Waves

California Sea Monsters

California Battleships

New York Immigrants 

New York Minutemen 

New York Revolutionaries 

New York Colonials 

I do agree on that. I already changed the California team from the Bears to the Quail. It's the state bird, and I also think it could make a unique mascot.

I like the Revolutionaries and Colonials, I'll definitely consider it.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 8:41 PM, darkpiranha said:

Love it all so far.  Following.

I appreciate that! Hopefully the rest of the series will be as interesting as the beginning :D 

Sorry for the delay everyone, I've been rather busy lately. However, I'm proud to announce that I have four more teams completed, and I plan to unveil one of them today. Say hello to the newest addition to the Speed conference, the aptly named Detroit Speed!

ts6dWRu.png

I knew when I had created the PRL, that I wanted to have a team based in Detroit. When I think of Detroit and Speed, the Motor City's automobile industry comes to mind. I wanted to create a logo reminiscent of that, but I knew that I couldn't make a logo that was similar to the Red Wings or Pistons. As I was coming up with ideas, I thought of those old hood ornaments they used to put on cars. I came across this Pontiac hood ornament with a running Native American, and I thought it would make the perfect mascot for a team named speed, and that it would also tie into some of the history of Detroit. 

Now onto the uniforms:

t1VqKFm.png

I think the uniforms are fairly self explanatory. The side striping is meant to represent motion, and I think I've seen arrows on the road like that before. So I figured it would be a good way to tie all of the elements together. The typeface for the jersey and wordmark kind of reminded me of old automobiles, so I chose it.

And lastly, here's a merch advertisement:

xtMgfc9.jpg

That's it for now! Let me know what you all think of the new team. Also, I'd like to know what team you guys would like to see next, the California Quails, or the Austin Spartans?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

As always an outstanding  work! The car hood logo for Detroit is just so on point... I'd like to see the Spartans first :D.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Archived