Best League Wide Branding

raysox

Rev up those hot takes and tell me what league you think has the best league wide logos. Both as a body of work, and an individual level. Not just league logos, not uniforms, I'm talking strictly design.

The one I always think about is MLS, just due to the relative youth of the league, and all the recent expansion.

mls.png

K-League in South Korea is also a similar league to MLS in terms of new growth and free to design logos.

K-League.png

As far as older leagues go, I think Bundesliga is great in terms of colors and simplicity. Even the new league logo fits nicely in there.

Bundesliga.png

14 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I've got to go with MLS. At least in the States. 

Lots of good badges, only one truly awful design.  And this graphic gives you a sense of shirt colors, showing a nice range of color schemes across the league. 

IMG_0025.JPG

New England almost sinks this to the level than I want to disagree with you, but overall this league is fantastic.  

Don't like them recolouring the shield for each team though. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The MLS is a pretty league, minus New York Red Bulls, New England Revolution, and San Jose Earthquakes. Although I do suppose they've gotten better. To me, though, the soccer ball on San Jose's and New York's crests looks like ClipArt. And New England speaks for itself. Real Salt Lake gets on my nerves to, since it's Salt Lake City, not Spain. But the crest isn't too bad.

I put this together really quickly of all the updated K League logos since it seems some of them are outdated.

Asan recently moved to Asan, so they have yet to have a new logo and a new team was formed in Ansan and they just selected a name, but no logo yet.

K LEAGUE.jpg

i-pV9jNCQ-XL.png

22 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Eh, I don't mind monochrome in soccer.  Every sport has its own aesthetic, and monochrome is a part of soccer's.   The sport wouldn't be the same without Madrid in all-white,  Chelsea in blue over blue over white, or Liverpool in all-red. 

Not to mentioned fans would riot is Marseille wore anything besides all white or white shirts white shirrs and blue socks at home. 

Same thing with baseball, the tradition is monochrome. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

5 hours ago, DiePerske said:

New England almost sinks this to the level than I want to disagree with you, but overall this league is fantastic.  

Don't like them recolouring the shield for each team though. 

Was just gonna say, New England need to get up to speed.  Red Bull NY is blasphemy - ppl afraid of ads on jerseys, meanwhile their shield is f'n product placement.

For me it's the NHL.  I feel like the NHL has the boldest & more concise logos, + shy with busy wordmarks.  MLS is nice though, they're doing it right.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived