League Logo Concept [Updated 12/21]

Ragone

Hey all! A few years back I started a thread that pertained to my fantasy football league my brother and I created when we were younger.  We went very in depth with it, making schedules each year, keeping stats, etc.  Even though it's a fictional league, I always thought it'd be a cool idea to bring that league to life.  I love to design in my spare time and I figured why not put my passion for sports and design together to bring this league to life.  So, a few years back, I decided to start a thread that contained everything about the league; all the teams and a few concepts for teams.  I sadly never finished the thread, but I've been wanting to get back at it.  I figured that getting a better looking league logo was the main priority at this point.  I am a perfectionist and I will keep going at something until I get it right.  I am not sure I am satisfied with what I came up with for the logo.  I've posted a picture with the old logo on the left and new on the right.  I know the name is pretty silly, but that's what you come up with when you are ten years old lol.  The fonts I used are temporary, I am coming up with a custom font currently.

3326t1g.png

One question and one suggestion:

• What is the third A for? National Continental Athletic Association (of America...?)
  • If you are going to include the full text of the org name, it should probably be on two lines. That font size is pretty small as it is presented. That said, I'm not convinced you even need the full name.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

2 hours ago, jdp said:

One question and one suggestion:

• What is the third A for? National Continental Athletic Association (of America...?)
  • If you are going to include the full text of the org name, it should probably be on two lines. That font size is pretty small as it is presented. That said, I'm not convinced you even need the full name.

Honestly, I thought I had put in "America" in there. That whole text looks small as it is so I completely agree with getting rid of the entire league name in there. Thanks for that suggestion, I definitely think that will help.

Here is an update to the logo.  I forgot to mention the significance of the eight stars up top.  Those stars are there to represent the eight inaugural teams in the league's first year in existence. For the update, I dropped the entire league name being in the logo.  Because I of this, I had to shrink the overall size of the logo.  I feel as though this update makes the logo very clean.  Do any of you have any other suggestions?

2ura060.png

• 4 months later...

Archived