KINGCHANCELLOR

Alaska High School Football Uniform Redesign (20/30 Complete)

Recommended Posts

yha6U6D.jpg

Merry Christmas! For those in the know, high school football is overshadowed by Hockey, which leads to some boring uniform design. The Task I set up for myself today is to redesign uniforms for all of Alaska's High School Football Teams. I won't try to do logos, but if somebody wants to help with that, shoot me a PM. I'm using tbdaniel15's elite mach speed template, so thanks man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The First School off the list are the Anchorage West HS Eagles. What I changed from the original uniform is more stripes on the shoulder. I also used a lighter orange than the team and recolored the 'A' logo from Black to Orange. Also on the Shoulder is the State of Alaska, but I don't know if I want to keep that there. Tell me what you guys think! C&C is appreciated.

ZRLP4EU.jpg

6inM48A.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the classic design. It's kind of abnormal to see a full state shape on a high school jersey but I think it works for Alaska. The only thing I would recommend would be to put "Anchorage West" instead of Anchorage. I don't know how it is in Anchorage but a school in my hometown put the city (Appleton) instead of the school (Appleton West) on their new jersey's and North and East kind of we're like "really? You couldn't add 4 letters?". But other than that great job and I can't wait for more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, natolian10 said:

I really like the classic design. It's kind of abnormal to see a full state shape on a high school jersey but I think it works for Alaska. The only thing I would recommend would be to put "Anchorage West" instead of Anchorage. I don't know how it is in Anchorage but a school in my hometown put the city (Appleton) instead of the school (Appleton West) on their new jersey's and North and East kind of we're like "really? You couldn't add 4 letters?". But other than that great job and I can't wait for more. 

Thanks for the tip! I didn't even realize I made that mistake, but I'll go and fix that haha. Next are the Soldotna Stars, the #1 Team in the State of Alaska. Changes made from the original uniform are added striping to the helmet, jersey, and pants. The Logo used is a cleaned up version of their original. C&C is appreciated!

 h0TSppN.jpgETEiWeO.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the Anchorage East ThunderBirds and the Thunder Mountain Falcons. Changes made from East are the change made from Russel to Nike, added tribal patterns to the sleeves and T-Birds on the pants. On TM I kept the helmet the same, changed the sleeves, changed the pants and jersey from the original home and away set.

I9WBw2c.jpg

jStLcGN.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next off the List are Service High School and Chugiak High School.

MbvelGh.jpg

sYKevKi.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasilla HS Warriors. This is the first set to have two different pairs of pants

dC3x1oi.jpg

411KbHO.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For today, here are the Palmer HS Moose. This team missed a real opportunity to use a moose antler on the helmet, and instead just used the Odessa Permian "P" logo.

tpfCzs6.jpg

MlKjCFX.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of these are great, really clean and original. On the first one, you could get away with dropping the Alaska shape from the sleeves just because they'd only play teams from Alaska.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said for years that the Palmer Moose should have an antler on the helmet instead of the "P" they currently have, I know a player on the team currently and he agrees. Both my parents went to West back in the day and even when I lived up there, I never heard people call it "Anchorage West" or "Anchorage East", just "West Anchorage" and "East Anchorage". Other than these comments, I think you did an overall good job so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, raysox said:

A lot of these are great, really clean and original. On the first one, you could get away with dropping the Alaska shape from the sleeves just because they'd only play teams from Alaska.

Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot! For the first jersey I was just experimenting with how the shape would look on the jersey, but it would make sense for it not to be on there.

3 hours ago, smzimbabwe said:

I've said for years that the Palmer Moose should have an antler on the helmet instead of the "P" they currently have, I know a player on the team currently and he agrees. Both my parents went to West back in the day and even when I lived up there, I never heard people call it "Anchorage West" or "Anchorage East", just "West Anchorage" and "East Anchorage". Other than these comments, I think you did an overall good job so far.

I feel like Planet just gaffed on the helmet, but they had nice jerseys for a medium division team. For West and East, when I grew in Arkansas we had Cabot South and Cabot North, so I kinda thought it would be like that, but I'll change that when I get chance. Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These look great so far. I live just down the road from West Valley High in Fairbanks; looking forward to seeing what you do for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today we have the North Pole HS Patriots, who originally have decent uniforms. But there school logo is just the Patriots logo. So I replaced the logo on the helmet with a placeholder logo until I have a final definite solution. If anybody wants to help with please shoot me a PM.4

6rLmoEP.jpg

eusEmuU.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the Eielson HS Ravens. I based their look off of the Buckeyes and the Cornhuskers with the striping and colors. C&C is appreciated.

u3Xh7lU.jpg

7mAgXoM.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did good by West Valley :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.