The NHL TV territory map

Marcos Flamengo

We have to dig it deeper about the NHL TV areas. This map will change next year with the addition of the Vegas Golden Knights.

Canadian blackout areas:

British Columbia and Yukon: Vancouver Canucks

Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Saskatchewan: Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets
Alberta: Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers

Manitoba: Winnipeg Jets
Northwestern Ontario: Winnipeg Jets and Toronto Maple Leafs

Mid-Eastern Ontario, between Belleville and Kingston: Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs
Ontario, east of Kingston, Quebec and the Maritimes, between Belleville and Kingston: Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens
Central/Southwestern Ontario, West of Belleville: Toronto Maple Leafs

American blackout areas

Alaska and Washington: Vancouver Canucks

Oregon: San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks

Eastern/Central Missouri, Central/Southern Illinois, Southern Indiana, Iowa and Southeast Nebraska: St. Louis Blues

Southern California (except Imperial County, San Luis Obispo, Riverside/San Bernardino), Clark County (including Las Vegas Valley): LA Kings and Anaheim Ducks

Northeastern Nevada: Colorado Avalanche and San Jose Sharks

Riverside/San Bernardino and a little portion of La Paz County: Anaheim Ducks

Imperial County, most of Arizona (except a little portion of La Paz County), most of Southern Nevada (except Clark County), most of New Mexico (except Eastern NM) and Utah: Arizona Coyotes

Let's the people keep the suggestions/corrections/clarifications coming please.

aHf6PFr.png

The MSG breakdown is as follows

NYC/LI/NJ/Westchester/Lower Hudson River Valley: Rangers, Islanders, and Devils

Upstate NY (Syracuse eastward IIRC): Sabres get priority on MSG, Rangers 2nd, Islanders and Devils are on MSG+ if there aren't more than 2 games between the Sabres, Rangers, and Knicks on a given night

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Ok, so if you check Wikipedia, FSOhio (and therefore the Blue Jackets) are,in parts of Kentucky and Indiana, the areas of WV that border Ohio, NW PA (so like Erie), and supposedly super southwestern NY. Granted, I'm not sure if that's just for FSOhio, or if the Blue Jackets would be included in that as well

That's what- She

3 minutes ago, mamiller99 said:

Ok, so if you check Wikipedia, FSOhio (and therefore the Blue Jackets) are,in parts of Kentucky and Indiana, the areas of WV that border Ohio, NW PA (so like Erie), and supposedly super southwestern NY. Granted, I'm not sure if that's just for FSOhio, or if the Blue Jackets would be included in that as well

The big problem is that the Blue Jackets are available in the Southwestern NY through FS Ohio. Or aren't?.

The NHL isn't going to break ranks on blackout viewing until at least one of the other three do. Most likely, it'll need to be the MLB, since the NHL is piggybacking a lot of their league-wide media on them.

This is the way it is. Until something comes along that can make them more money than their national contract and blackouts for regional SNs, we're stuck with it. Plain and simple.

If you live in your team's area, getting the regional network is your biggest way to watch. Supplement with NBC/NBCSN and NHL network, as needed. If you don't want to spring for the channels, go to a buddy's house or a sports bar.

I'm a Preds fan in Arizona, so I do the Gamecenter Live package. Since I live with a Coyotes fan, we have Sling TV with the optional sports package. It's still monumentally cheaper than cable, and we get access to every game, for both teams.

No matter what happens, you're going to have to pay money to watch your team. This league is a business, first and foremost, access to out of market teams is already easier than it ever has been, with GCL and will probably get better, eventually, but it's g I ng to be based on how the League can profit from it.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, Marcos Flamengo said:

The big problem is that the Blue Jackets are available in the Southwestern NY through FS Ohio. Or aren't?.

They are. I was just doing research on it. If a telecom has access in an area, than all programming is available as well. Granted, by extreme southwestern, I can guess near the Erie area

That's what- She

11 minutes ago, mamiller99 said:

They are. I was just doing research on it. If a telecom has access in an area, than all programming is available as well. Granted, by extreme southwestern, I can guess near the Erie area

The Blue Jackets, unfortunately are blacked out in the Erie area. As this region is served by the Buffalo Sabres and the Pittsburgh Penguins. But they can see Jackets games on GCL if they live in the Erie area.

Atlanta, and I assume all of Georgia, gets both Predators and Hurricanes games, but there's a slight catch.

On Fox Sports South (or Fox Sports Southeast, I forget which of the two), there's actually three FSS channels, at least with AT&T: One for your local area, then two alternate channels.  In Atlanta, hardly any of the games are on the local channel live...they're on one of the two alternate channels live, and in it's entirety: game plus the pre- and post-game shows.  The local FSS channel then airs the re-broadcast at midnight and/or the next morning.

Outside of hockey, it's weird what we get here in Atlanta.  We can get FSS's pre- and post-game shows for the Hornets and Grizzlies, as well as the Reds and Cardinals.  Can't see those games because of blackout rules, but we can see the bookending shows around the game.

Archived