**TEMPLATES**

zer0dotcom

Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice with Inkscape. I am designing football/soccer kits and I was wondering how do you create both stripes and hoops. I have tried re-creating both but everytime either the endges are either too long or too short and it just looks like rectangles pasted overtop. I want them to look seamless. Is there any tutorials out there on creating stripes and hoops on football kits? How about current svg football kit templates with both hoops and stripes that can adapted? Assistance would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

The Clip tool should help you out:

I took a look at the video on clipping but I use clipping for other reasons. I just don't see how to use clipping to create stripes and hoops on football kits. Maybe you can elaborate

Lay out the stripes or hoops as individual rectangles and make sure they overlap the outer edges of the jersey or shorts. Then you make a copy of the jersey or shorts and paste in place on top of the stripes or hoops. You select the top uni piece you just pasted as well as all of the stripes or hoops, then clip them. It should only show the stripes or hoops within the boundary of the uniform.

Thanks for clarifying... I will try that when I start my next fantasy footy team kit. Cheers

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an illustration of using the clip function to create hoops or stripes.

ClipDemonstration_zps3e73345b.png

1. Set up your template.

2. Create your hoops/stripes and position them as you want them to look on the final product. Make sure they overlap the edges of the jersey template or the clip tool will not work.

3. Copy and paste in place the jersey template stroke (outline) on top of the hoops/stripes. Select the outline and all of the hoops/stripes you wish to clip. Then select "Object>>Clip>>Set"

4. Lastly, lower the hoop/stripe objects so that they are below the existing jersey outline, any logos and the illustrations of the seams and stitching.

gYH2mW9.png

Awesome thanks for the tutorial. You wouldn't happen to know how to use the gradient function with respect to football kits stripes/hoops/main body coloring like with the new Argentina home and away kits?

So you want a gradient across all of the stripes/hoops? Pretty simple. First, you need to select all of the stripes/hoops and "union" them. This will create one object of separate stripes/hoops. You MAY need to do that before clipping them.

gYH2mW9.png

Well, looking at the home and away kits, neither of them are using gradients. It's a similar effect caused by striping of increasing/decreasing thicknesses. To mimick what they're doing on those jerseys, you'll need to create the individual lines.

gYH2mW9.png

Does anyone have the concepts that Jesse Alkire uses?

1. Close up of Helmet and Nameplate (Adrian Peterson Likeness)

2. Zoomed out Full Uniform

3. Pants

http://www.jessealkire.com/nfl/

I had not seen those before but I must say that is quite possibly the best template I have ever seen.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

3. Pants

It looks like he took a Nike promo shot and made a template out of it. I'd also love to have the template if he would share it.

3. Pants

Did you ask him?

I did. The answer to everyone's questions is "No, sorry."

That's too bad. I can understand him not distributing though.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

Here's an illustration of using the clip function to create hoops or stripes.

ClipDemonstration_zps3e73345b.png

1. Set up your template.

2. Create your hoops/stripes and position them as you want them to look on the final product. Make sure they overlap the edges of the jersey template or the clip tool will not work.

3. Copy and paste in place the jersey template stroke (outline) on top of the hoops/stripes. Select the outline and all of the hoops/stripes you wish to clip. Then select "Object>>Clip>>Set"

4. Lastly, lower the hoop/stripe objects so that they are below the existing jersey outline, any logos and the illustrations of the seams and stitching.

GeauxColonels...thanks for the help again. I used the technique a couple times this weekend working on fantasy football kits. Cheers mate!

I

3. Pants

Did you ask him?

I did. The answer to everyone's questions is "No, sorry."

That's too bad. I can understand him not distributing though.

I came here to ask for this template myself. It's gorgeous. Perhaps we should beg.

Archived