**TEMPLATES**

zer0dotcom

I

Does anyone have the concepts that Jesse Alkire uses?

1. Close up of Helmet and Nameplate (Adrian Peterson Likeness)

2. Zoomed out Full Uniform

3. Pants

http://www.jessealkire.com/nfl/

Did you ask him?

I did. The answer to everyone's questions is "No, sorry."

That's too bad. I can understand him not distributing though.

I came here to ask for this template myself. It's gorgeous. Perhaps we should beg.

Or (re)make it yourself.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making a template from a random photograph would probably be a pretty good topic for a tutorial. It's more than "Use white uniform. Color it in. Win" Doing that would work on a light color uniform but not a dark one. The light relections would be missing.

Or make your own from a different source photograph? Whatever happened to being original? Are there any real designers here?

I'm not insulting your work, creativity or ideas. You do good work and I enjoyed checking out what you had in mind for the NFL. But given that the source photographs you used in your template were photographs used by Nike to display a new set of Uniforms, I'd hardly say what you did was entirely original. And anybody else who would choose to develop a template off of those photographs, in my opinion, wouldn't be any less original than you.

That's very funny. The board goes from begging the guy to berating him.

Is there a facepalm smilie?

Who is berating him? I don't see anybody saying anything negative about him. I just find his use of "original" a tad bit hypocritical. Given he claims anyone who would use a similar template as the one he used, is unoriginal, yet the template he used was more or less created by Nike. But even then, I still gave credence to his work. Good luck with your Facepalm Smilie search but it seems rather unnecessary.

This is why I said that if you wanted the template this bad, make it yourself. It's photoshop. Prove what you can do with it.

Which is exactly my intention. My remark was made at his comment about "making your own with different photographs" because apparently we all "lack originality" and aren't real designers. It sounded quite hypocritical. But I respect his choice not to put it out there and I respect the work he put into making his designs. This is just the 2nd time he's referred to this design as his, when in all reality, it's Nike's. He already accused another board user of theft for using their own version of the concept.

I'll bite. But just this once.

For the most part, this community strives for the easy way out. The same templates are passed around and around. The work all looks the same. I think part of the reason this culture exists here is because the majority of the people who populate these boards are not working designers. This is a place for design hobbyists. Which, don't get me wrong, that's fine, I think it's a great place for people to learn and hone skills. It's just frustrating for me when the majority of comments I get is people asking for my template.

My concepts are original in the sense that no one else is using my same template. That, combined with my advanced design skill, are why my work went viral last week. My work stands out above the rest. It's different. The only way my concepts could have been more original is if I'd paid $60,000 for a studio and shot Adrian Peterson myself. To see my template passed around for anyone and everyone to use would do us both a disservice. First, I don't want people confusing others' work for my own. And people here should want to create something on their own that they can be proud of, something to call their own and to get their own recognition.

Maybe I'm expecting too much. Maybe my standards are too high. Maybe all this will fall on deaf ears. But I think people here should be striving for creativity, not monotony.

For the most part, this community strives for the easy way out. The same templates are passed around and around. The work all looks the same. I think part of the reason this culture exists here is because the majority of the people who populate these boards are not working designers. This is a place for design hobbyists. Which, don't get me wrong, that's fine, I think it's a great place for people to learn and hone skills. It's just frustrating for me when the majority of comments I get is people asking for my template.

My concepts are original in the sense that no one else is using my same template. That, combined with my advanced design skill, are why my work went viral last week. My work stands out above the rest. It's different. The only way my concepts could have been more original is if I'd paid $60,000 for a studio and shot Adrian Peterson myself. To see my template passed around for anyone and everyone to use would do us both a disservice. First, I don't want people confusing others' work for my own. And people here should want to create something on their own that they can be proud of, something to call their own and to get their own recognition.

Maybe I'm expecting too much. Maybe my standards are too high. Maybe all this will fall on deaf ears. But I think people here should be striving for creativity, not monotony.

This.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Making a template from a random photograph would probably be a pretty good topic for a tutorial. It's more than "Use white uniform. Color it in. Win" Doing that would work on a light color uniform but not a dark one. The light relections would be missing.

This!!

Or make your own from a different source photograph? Whatever happened to being original? Are there any real designers here?

Sorry your ego wasn't stroked enough. All we did was ask for a template; I'm sure none of us here expected to be belittled by you. Your work is good, but you're a jerk.

Sorry your ego wasn't stroked enough. All we did was ask for a template; I'm sure none of us here expected to be belittled by you. Your work is good, but you're a jerk.

Harsh. Just because the man does not want to give up his template and hard work to be imitated by all and sundry. Good on him for sticking to his guns. Too many people want something for nothing all the time.

glory10.png

Harsh. Just because the man does not want to give up his template and hard work to be imitated by all and sundry. Good on him for sticking to his guns. Too many people want something for nothing all the time.

Nobody took offense to his refusal in sharing a template. I think everyone respects him for his work. And I think everyone moved on from him not making the template available. That is his choice, I absolutely respect that. He doesn't owe anyone here a single thing and he shouldn't be expected too. What people took offense to was the unnecessary shot he decided to take at those who would have liked to use his template. It was he decided to use the words "unoriginal" and "real designers". Bear in mind, he used those words against people asking to use a template he created, from images that Nike created for the same purpose. Which more or less suggests, he thinks he's above everyone here. And that him using the images Nike created for his template, isn't theft. But anyone who creates their own templates from the images, are stealing from him. That's what people took offense too.

Personally, I don't care anymore. I'll develop my own template and I'll let my designing ability speak for itself. I just know that when I do post my designs, I don't want hear a single comment about theft or a lack of originality. And if people just so happen to like my design and ask for a few tips or assistance, I won't read those requests and in turn belittle people for them.

Nobody took offense to his refusal in sharing a template. I think everyone respects him for his work. And I think everyone moved on from him not making the template available. That is his choice, I absolutely respect that. He doesn't owe anyone here a single thing and he shouldn't be expected too. What people took offense to was the unnecessary shot he decided to take at those who would have liked to use his template. It was he decided to use the words "unoriginal" and "real designers". Bear in mind, he used those words against people asking to use a template he created, from images that Nike created for the same purpose. Which more or less suggests, he thinks he's above everyone here. And that him using the images Nike created for his template, isn't theft. But anyone who creates their own templates from the images, are stealing from him. That's what people took offense too.

Personally, I don't care anymore. I'll develop my own template and I'll let my designing ability speak for itself. I just know that when I do post my designs, I don't want hear a single comment about theft or a lack of originality. And if people just so happen to like my design and ask for a few tips or assistance, I won't read those requests and in turn belittle people for them.

Bingo. I get that he doesn't want to share his template. I'm over that. But that's where it should have ended. "No, sorry. I worked hard on it and don't want to share it." 'Nuff said. The problem is he decided to dig into those that had the unmitigated gaul to even have such a humble request.

I agree with Turbo & Blake on this one no reason to say people are not real designers for wanting to use a template someone else created.

Also some of them probably do not think of themselves as real designers & just want to do it as a hobby.

There is nothing wrong with that I do this as a hobby but I could certainly make a template like his if I wanted to spend the time.

I think some folks take themselves way to serious sometimes.

BTW I have always felt humbled & honored anyone would want something I created.

Does not mean I will let just anyone have certain things because I have never released my template for my league.

Listen,

The only reason I knew how to create my "3D" template is because Frasier Davidson made his available to others and I reverse engineered mine from his. That's why I made mine available to the public. Share and share alike. *MY* thinking has always been, without people sharing, I wouldn't've grown as a designer/concepter so by sharing my templates, hopefully I can help others grow, and I think that I've seen that happen. Without people on these boards sharing designs/templates/tips, we'd all be worse off.

Now, you don't have to share - no one's gunna make you - but people aren't always moochers, sometimes they just need help getting started.

Archived