**TEMPLATES**

zer0dotcom

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about GBM, but I'd like to see some field templates and a t-shirt template.

I'll work on these this weekend...I was just messing around with the NFL field and was wondering why I couldn't get the lines on the field to show up...I figured it out, so it shouldn't be a problem to convert...In addition to NFL field, I have the CFL, NCAA and Arena fields for football...

I wish I could figure out how to make a grass texture in vector format so the fields are VERY realistic looking...If anyone has any ideas, please let me know...

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Okay, here is a list of what I converted and can add to "The SVG Movement"

Templates for...

1) Baseball Field

2) Softball Field

3) Arena Football Field

4) CFL Football Field

5) NCAA Football Field

6) NFL Football Field

7) FIBA Basketball Court

8) NCAA Basketball Court X 2 (With new updated 3 point lines)

9) NBA Basketball Court

10) Volleyball Court

11) Tennis Court

12) NHL Hockey Rink

13) Field Hockey Field

14) Soccer Field

15) Lacrosse Field

16) QB, RB, WR, DB and DL Action Figures (fixed the gradient problems on the helmets)

17) 3 Football Uniform Styleguides

18) Numerous tshirt and hoody templates

I'm only waiting to hear from gingerbreadman now to pass the templates on to him...

If you have any other thoughts on what you might like, let me know...I have tons of stuff that I can contribute...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

• 6 months later...

Hate to bump this since it's been like 7 months since anyone posted in it but, I was just wondering if someone could add scotty's templates. I really like them but never could get ahold of them. Also, could we get this pinned? I have to search for it everytime I want a template.

g4104.png

• 1 month later...

Josh, I was away when you posted so I didn't see it until today. I have seen this topic mentioned a few times recently and it really makes me happy to see that my efforts are being appreciated somewhat. So far, this project has resulted in almost 3,000 downloads and that alone is worth all the trouble. Anyway, I saw your post Josh and I realized that a new update was long, long overdue. (I promised an update awhile ago. So, I decided that a major update was in order and I more than doubled our collection with 42 brand-new templates! I'm not even sure if that is the correct number because it's so hard to count! The headliners here are all of ScottySprings' templates (except for baseball, which I have but I need to track down), Bucco's football action templates (note: these do not translate perfectly as they use exclusive advanced Illustrator features, but are still usable), a huge collection of field and court templates from mkersey, and Speedy's 3rd generation EDGE template. I am so proud that this project is still going on and that this, as well as my tutorials, are actually helping improve this community and its people. Long live Inkscape!

Enjoy!

I included an .svg in the download link for my football template (see thread), but I can't promise it will work as intended. I've never used an .svg imported from Illustrator in Inkscape.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 1 month later...

I don't think they are actually turned into XMLs, but at least what has happened to me a few time is that a text file icon has shown up next to the download, instead of the Inkscape icon. I think it is because SVG files are actually, at their core, text files with web page-like formatting. (Go ahead, open one in a browser and then in Notepad/TextEdit.) So it should work anyway. I'm confused by your last post, are you saying they work now or not?

I don't think they are actually turned into XMLs, but at least what has happened to me a few time is that a text file icon has shown up next to the download, instead of the Inkscape icon. I think it is because SVG files are actually, at their core, text files with web page-like formatting. (Go ahead, open one in a browser and then in Notepad/TextEdit.) So it should work anyway. I'm confused by your last post, are you saying they work now or not?

All you have to do is delete the.xml on the file name and the OS will ask you if you want to use .svg, hit yes and the file should work fine.

I just mean that I used a different browser and the templates saved correctly. So it's all good now

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

• 1 month later...

can anyone post these as images rather than downloads. It would be easier to just c and p into PS and edit from there.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• 2 weeks later...

yeah but if they are posted as pics... i can screen shot them and use them in photoshop. it worked with a couple other ones.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

yeah but if they are posted as pics... i can screen shot them and use them in photoshop. it worked with a couple other ones.

Why not just download Inkscape and alter the .svg templates? Then they can be resized to whatever you need, instead of being at a fixed size like in Photoshop.

Why not just download Inkscape and alter the .svg templates? Then they can be resized to whatever you need, instead of being at a fixed size like in Photoshop.

Especially considering that depending on your screen size, the template would only be 600 px max.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

i had a quick question... it seems most people use SVG instead of photoshop... so can someone tell me how using SVG differs from Photoshop? Is it a lot easier to do design/concept work with? How does the program work?

if it is a lot easier, i am thinking of getting it, since i have limited talent and creativity.

i had a quick question... it seems most people use SVG instead of photoshop... so can someone tell me how using SVG differs from Photoshop? Is it a lot easier to do design/concept work with? How does the program work?

if it is a lot easier, i am thinking of getting it, since i have limited talent and creativity.

SVG = Scalable Vector Graphics

Vector images (also sometimes called "path-based images") can be scaled infinitely without any loss of quality whatsoever. You can design a logo, then make it the size of a billboard or the size of a dime and there will be zero image quality degradation.

Whereas Photoshop works with raster images (or "pixel images") which can get pixelated, distorted or just look awful at anything other than the native resolution.

Basically, it's best to design new artwork in a vector format, because it's extremely easy to export it into a raster format. Whereas it is not easy to convert raster art into vector art.

• 1 month later...

Archived