College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Miami's new green uniforms would look better if the stripe colors were swapped. White-Orange-White would pop more against dark green than Orange-White-Orange.

Coulda swore the set Miami wore prior to the Ken Dorsey era uniforms had green jerseys and pants with W-O-W stripes. May be wrong.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

8 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think Miami's new green uniforms would look better if the stripe colors were swapped. White-Orange-White would pop more against dark green than Orange-White-Orange.

Coulda swore the set Miami wore prior to the Ken Dorsey era uniforms had green jerseys and pants with W-O-W stripes. May be wrong.

You are correct on both counts. It looks better, and they wore it. 1998, vs. Virginia Tech and Pitt.

342093.jpg.cb29ec2e931d21a03ce46dcfe5f1d663.jpgp583353155-4.jpg.9dcf4fb5c5f7e7d2eea721a9c52a30bb.jpgp757846239-4.jpg.044768eb828bd9e2db0f845a17322d27.jpg

51 minutes ago, dakotapalm said:

You are correct on both counts. It looks better, and they wore it. 1998, vs. Virginia Tech and Pitt.

342093.jpg.cb29ec2e931d21a03ce46dcfe5f1d663.jpgp583353155-4.jpg.9dcf4fb5c5f7e7d2eea721a9c52a30bb.jpgp757846239-4.jpg.044768eb828bd9e2db0f845a17322d27.jpg

brad-kaaya-ncaa-football-arkansas-state-miami-850x560.jpg

IMO the best green Miami uniforms in recent memory. Too bad they ruined their overall identity for more money.

On August 9, 2017 at 2:07 AM, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

back to football uniforms, 

598ab47d2c8b6_Screenshot(72).png.e6a1f698e92bb03a0e444aa652f6e73b.png

These helmets stood out to me in this video posted recently by Arkansas Football. I haven't seen anything about Arkansas changing their look, but that stripe is rather conspicuous. I thought it might just be a practice thing, but would they really go through the work of applying full stripes to every players helmet and risk gunking them up, peeling off paint, etc. just to remove the stripe a few weeks later? That doesn't make all that much sense to me, which makes me think this might be an actual uniform addition. Can somebody more informed than me shed any light?

It's just a practice thing that Bielema brought in a few years ago. They put the stripe on the helmet of certain players, primarily on defense, and use it to see where their eyes are during a given play. They'll be gone when the season starts. 

9 hours ago, chrome14 said:

DG4nmzpXYAA36Ts.jpg

DG4rNm-XkAMl-2-.jpg

DG4rNm_XoAAICYN.jpg

DG4rNm-XUAEzF-x.jpg

DG4rNm7XUAA8v1X.jpg

DG4twtSXYAQXegH.jpg

DG5AkNTXcAEamvP.jpg

All of those of you who always wanted the helmet stripe to match the pant stripe, looks like they did so with the black helmet.

Aw, count me a bit disappointed here. The green jersey would be perfect if only it was paired with white pants, and the black jersey could have been a rather classy edition of BFBS if they had only used their normal white helmets and pants with it. As it is, the addition of the green jerseys feels kinda "meh" and the black uniform just needs to be thrown in the bin with the other terrible Miami alts that Adidas farted out in the last few years.

(At least they're no '305 Ice,' though. I will forever hold contempt for '305 Ice.')

19 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Miami's green and black alternates look just like the retail leaks

DG4ifBQUQAEhsWP.jpg

DG4ikbUUQAIjjh9.jpg

Sadly they decided to go with a black helmet on the "Miami Nights" uniforms. Green is being called "State of Miami" for what it's worth (absolutely nothing, actually)

Loving the green! I do agree it looks way better with white pants but this is the best Miami has looked in YEARS

18 hours ago, Webfooter said:

What makes the Miami uniforms look so bad is the Shockweb pattern.  Take that off and it looks somewhat decent.

It's especially jarring in combination with their return to a traditional look as far as numbers and striping. It's like wearing a tuxedo jacket with a tie-dye shirt underneath.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

42 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

It's especially jarring in combination with their return to a traditional look as far as numbers and striping. It's like wearing a tuxedo jacket with a tie-dye shirt underneath.

This is all I could think of when you said a tuxedo with a tie-dye t-shirt. And the quote fits for Miami

f15b216f93c4665416538aaae440f0bc--comedy-movies-funny-movies.jpg.9e0b9b62872e3c982f83c5cd4bb3947f.jpg

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

I mentioned the other day on Twitter that the manufacturer brand is becoming more and more important than the actual school's brand. Not saying that's happening here with Nebraska, but placing the adidas logo first isn't a good look to me. I know others have done the same, but it's about time for the schools to take back being the priority. But that's very wishful thinking here.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived