College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sk2k said:

I genuinely want to see what they would say. Imagine the buzzwords

I believe they claim it to be a difference in materials. The "shockweb" elements of the jersey (darker parts) are supposedly made of either a stronger material or a more flexible material than the rest of the jersey (I cant remember which way it is.) Anyways apparently they material is dyed or otherwise colorized with the same color but one of the fabric types is naturally darker/absorbs it differently.

This could easily be circumvented by noting the disparity between the two textiles for each color and lightening/darkening the shades as necessary between fabric types before stitching the uniforms together. (For example, there is less of a difference in red than there is in, say, blue ) But then we wouldn't all notice the pattern and remember that whatever team we're watching is an Adidas team literally every time we see them. It's Lavar Ball marketing.

9 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I believe they claim it to be a difference in materials. The "shockweb" elements of the jersey (darker parts) are supposedly made of either a stronger material or a more flexible material than the rest of the jersey (I cant remember which way it is.) Anyways apparently they material is dyed or otherwise colorized with the same color but one of the fabric types is naturally darker/absorbs it differently.

This could easily be circumvented by noting the disparity between the two textiles for each color and lightening/darkening the shades as necessary between fabric types before stitching the uniforms together. (For example, there is less of a difference in red than there is in, say, blue ) But then we wouldn't all notice the pattern and remember that whatever team we're watching is an Adidas team literally every time we see them. It's Lavar Ball marketing.

Nebraska gets off easy because of the red not showing Adidas' stupidity as much as other colors.  UCLA's tire treads were especially bad. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Orange should always be the primary color for Miami. Green is a great option to mix it up for them. Much like Michigan and the white or maize pants. Use them both and mix it up every now and then. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Is it me, or is this a Frankenstein jersey of different Nike templates? It has the collar of the Vapor Untouchable, but the other seams don't match, and there are mesh portions that don't exist on the VU template.

As Jerry and I discussed on Twitter, this template WKU is using is a hybrid of the Vapor Untouchable and Mach Speed. It's called the Vapor Pro, per the Nike catalogs. It has the same collar as the VU, but the bottom portion has mesh seams similar to the MS.

It'll be used a lot for mostly lower levels and high schools. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

7 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Orange should always be the primary color for Miami. Green is a great option to mix it up for them. Much like Michigan and the white or maize pants. Use them both and mix it up every now and then. 

Didn't the early 2000's Canes wear green more often than orange? I know they didn't introduce a set of orange pants for the "Dorsey uniforms" until like their final year in the Big East. Between 2000 and 2003 I seem to remember them wearing green over white or green over green at home games more often than they did orange over white. Their road set was white over green until they added the orange pants option. Don't recall them ever going all white with that set of uniforms. Could be wrong about that though.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived