College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those stripes aren't the worst, per se, but they look odd when OSU's stripes on a regular Speed helmet are still the normal/not tapered.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

24 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Not uniforms as much as equipment, but Oregon State is tapering their helmet stripes on their Speedflex Helmets to better fit the helmet's shape. (Sorry for quality, i'm, watching this game on a potato)

59a1cafc7a7cb_Screenshot(77).thumb.png.634d564fb3f1186483ae8fa6332a52cf.png

I believe I am watching the game on the same potato as you 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

58 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Based on everything we've seen, I'd say they're going yellow helmets and apple green jerseys and pants against Southern Utah.

Yep, seems likely. And even though they've been sporting the updated versions of last season's green jerseys for recent photo shoots and now fan day today, it still wouldn't surprise me if they come out with new green jerseys with the 2012-2015 number font, like this shirsey that I recently spotted on the Duck Store website:

59a1d08a5f4b8_AppleGreenNike10Dri-FITLegendNumberTee_1.thumb.jpg.f8d682f656783891fd5bbc57afe09c60.jpg

I'm hoping they do come out with new green jerseys, as it'd be a shame if they ended up using two different number fonts this season. If they do come out with new green jerseys, which again isn't a certainty, I'd guess they'd feature the new wing pattern from the Doernbecher uniforms, silver numbers outlined in yellow like this shirt, yellow duck logos on both sleeves, and the silver and black swoosh.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

If only SJSU had gold facemasks and pants....would look worlds better. And the pant stripes on UMass bugged me all game, so close to a decent look, just extend the stripes...and of course both are adidas schools, go figure....wait why is there 2 different Colorado st. Jerseys? All but the upper right is white numbers...

14 minutes ago, lilben777 said:

If only SJSU had gold facemasks and pants....would look worlds better. And the pant stripes on UMass bugged me all game, so close to a decent look, just extend the stripes...and of course both are adidas schools, go figure....wait why is there 2 different Colorado st. Jerseys? All but the upper right is white numbers...

The jersey with the gold numbers is not from this year.  Old photo. And SJSU definitely needs yellow facemasks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

I think I finally figured out what I wish Notre Dame would’ve done for the Rockne game jersey.

The school’s finishing up a renovation/expansion project at Notre Dame Stadium, and in the process, have re-signed everything. They’ve used an Art Deco theme I’ve really liked — and if they weren’t going to do a proper throwback, I think white Art Deco numbers on a navy jersey (perhaps with a little striping) would’ve actually been a really nice way to make something that looks nice, but is also unique enough that they can sell it at the bookstore.

Agreed. That would have been a good fit. As cool as this typeface is, the kerning is abysmal and ruins what is an otherwise fantastic look (NA TIONAL, PA RSEGHI AN, G ATE). The 7 could be a little wider, too.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

14 hours ago, Jimmy's Brother said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I miss when teams only had 1 helmet and home jerseys, away jerseys, and an alternate. Seems like now teams don't really have an identity since they have so many different looks. 

I agree completely.. I don't mind teams having more than 1 helmet option (although I'm not a huge fan of it), but I don't agree with an alternate needing to be head-to-toe.. For example, Clemson's alternate purple jersey can easily be worn with the orange lid and orange britches for a big game to give a unique "alternate" look without compromising the brand identity of the football program.. I'm ok with Oregon's identity being no identity since they've kind of trademarked that, but for other schools, the most they should need is:

Primary helmet

Primary home jersey

Primary away jersey

Alternate jersey

Primary home pants

Primary away pants

Throwback helmet

Throwback jersey

Throwback pants

That's really all you'd ever need.. It would allow you to choose a home game or two to show off an alternate or throwback look, and depending on how you choose your alternate and throwback, maybe 1 road game.. The rest of the season should be played in your primary looks (even if mixing and matching of pants takes place)

7 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I agree completely.. I don't mind teams having more than 1 helmet option (although I'm not a huge fan of it), but I don't agree with an alternate needing to be head-to-toe.. For example, Clemson's alternate purple jersey can easily be worn with the orange lid and orange britches for a big game to give a unique "alternate" look without compromising the brand identity of the football program.. I'm ok with Oregon's identity being no identity since they've kind of trademarked that, but for other schools, the most they should need is:

Primary helmet

Primary home jersey

Primary away jersey

Alternate jersey

Primary home pants

Primary away pants

Throwback helmet

Throwback jersey

Throwback pants

That's really all you'd ever need.. It would allow you to choose a home game or two to show off an alternate or throwback look, and depending on how you choose your alternate and throwback, maybe 1 road game.. The rest of the season should be played in your primary looks (even if mixing and matching of pants takes place)

I think kids should be able to mix and match and have fun because it's college, not the NFL. We can criticize how bad their uniforms look till we're blue in the face, and I'll probably join you, but don't for a second pretend that kids on the University of Buffalo's football team should give a :censored: that they don't have an iconic brand. If they want to get hyped up about wearing black and chrome once in a while, go ahead, college is about exploration and having fun anyway.

2 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

New UNLV field.They seems to be keeping theme with the LV Sign. Also, is that 50th roundel gonna be a patch on jerseys?

DIQibaqUMAA-6bb.jpg:large

Good lord that number font is terrible. Other than that, it's a unique idea, gotta give them props.

u3J7jjd.png

30 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

easily better than the black and green 00s mess we used to have. We played pretty decently too all things considering.

Yes, those uniforms were nice. The all white look is much better than you have had in the past, and the helmet looks good with anything but that train looking bolt thing that (I think) is supposed to be a viking helmet. 

Yeah PSU played good, but I dont expect them to do anything in BSC play. UND is going to win the conference this season. 

Archived