College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan's QBs have worn all yellow in practice for a while now. (couldn't find a recent Nike/Jordan pic in a quick search)

ncaa-football-michigan-spring-game6.jpg

And if this is of any sign, Florida will go blue tops, blue pants, and white helmets

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

13 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

All it needs to add is a black field and you have a winner...B)

If an outdoor stadium located in Las Vegas used a black field, the players would literally cook.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, tron1013 said:

This could only be worse if Florida wears their new, even more more mismatched all orange set. 

DIUzOC-V4AM0V4z.jpg

Michigan alts from Twitter

DISdm9CUIAE_Uog.jpg

And a mockup

Not a bad look for West Virginia. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I actually like the all-maize look quite a bit for them, and it should contrast really nicely with Florida's all-blue with white helmets (though I wish the Gators were going with the standard orange lids instead of the white ones). As long as the Wolverines only wear these for this one game this season, then I think it's about as nice an alternate as they could have, especially with the navy collar and cuffs on the jersey. It's certainly better than the garbage alternates Adidas came up with for them. Now if they could just pair the maize pants with their road tops once or twice this season, then I'd be extremely happy.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

My feelings as a Michigan fan: 

giphy.gif

But if I'm trying to see this more objectively, I don't think they are THAT bad (remember the bumble bee jerseys... woof). However, I would be much more supportive of these jerseys if they were paired with the white road pants (which have the maize and blue stripes) that would help balance out the look as a whole.

But nope, I guess it's all color rush bananas from here on out.

In other news, Texas might've gotten rid of the metallic decals for this season:

IMG_6999.thumb.JPG.9df5dc53f80754c3ad4f0eda82177b87.JPG

These look more like standard glossy decals instead of metallic, but hopefully it's just the angle and lighting. I thought their metallic decals looked really nice, so I'll be a bit dissapointed if they did indeed get rid of them. Having said that, if these decals really aren't the metallic ones, then at least they look to be the right shade of burnt orange instead of the brownish looking ones they used to have:

IMG_7001.JPG.f66b9ea65b8d28048866f192b95b4e0f.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

31 minutes ago, BucksFan5 said:

That is absolutely atrocious.

Ohio State has had some questionable alts, but wtf. Seriously.

Agreed. Michigan's uniforms will be so ugly that it will almost be enough to distract me from Florida's heinous white helmets, which literally check every box for every one of my pet peeves: 

(1) don't follow the standard striping convention (should be orange - blue - white - blue - orange);

(2) asymmetrical logo placement; and  

(3) ugly, shooting star-esque tapering (not shown below).

THIS:

Gators.gif

NOT THIS:

496148012.0.jpg

1 hour ago, GFB said:

My feelings as a Michigan fan: 

giphy.gif

But if I'm trying to see this more objectively, I don't think they are THAT bad (remember the bumble bee jerseys... woof). However, I would be much more supportive of these jerseys if they were paired with the white road pants (which have the maize and blue stripes) that would help balance out the look as a whole.

But nope, I guess it's all color rush bananas from here on out.

The bumble bee jerseys ruled. 

5 hours ago, tron1013 said:

This could only be worse if Florida wears their new, even more more mismatched all orange set. 

Michigan alts from Twitter

DISdm9CUIAE_Uog.jpg

And a mockup

This is actually one of the few monochrome uniforms I lIke.  The socks and undershirt provide a nice contrast.

Athletic gold with navy as a secondary color looks great.  The LA Rams should take note.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I don't get the hate for the bumble bee Michigan alts. Would much rather see something like that, which at least has a semblance of meaning to it, than a bright yellow jersey for lolz

Archived