College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

WVU going with the stormtrooper look vs VT on Sunday... mehhhhhh looks better with the blue lid

DIafWqEUMAAXkAY.jpg

Ugh. I don't mind white on white on white as a general rule. (I know some folks have a thing about teams going all white.) But for WVU, specifically, I don't like it because there's hardly any gold in the whole set. The flying WV on the collar and the small sleeve stripe. That's it! if the pants had stripes mimicking the sleeves or the numbers had a gold outline/stroke or something, that would make this look that much better.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Oregon is killing me with these giant numbers -- something about their look right now looks so off, like a bad render on a video game. 

It's not just Oregon with the huge numbers...this seems to be a new (not good) trend.  Syracuse and Arizona are 2 other quick examples I can think of that are doing this.

On 8/28/2017 at 0:31 PM, pianoknight said:

Not a bad look for West Virginia. 

"What? Say what? Did somebody say something?"
--Rich Rodriguez

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

Only way that could be better is if they went with a green facemask instead of a yellow one.

Yep, that would definitely tie it all together a bit more. The yellow facemasks aren't bad though, and it does seem like that's what they'll be going with since the players broke in the new helmets this past Saturday, complete with the yellow masks:

IMG_6973.thumb.PNG.e53e6ae449014084781e10affc4b2491.PNGIMG_6976.thumb.PNG.cbe8ba93994011582d983c73e4b861ec.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Quick mockup of what I'm expecting to see from Oregon on Saturday:DucksWeek1.thumb.png.d6c39b038001440952c4048d63997b1e.png

I think two green stripes on the helmet (echoing the sleeve stripes) would look pretty cool on that uniform.  Won't happen...but...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

WVU going with the stormtrooper look vs VT on Sunday... mehhhhhh looks better with the blue lid

Dammit. Why is it becoming so hard for major college teams to just look like their damn selves in these marquee matchups? This white set is so lifeless and it doesn't help that the armpit panels are the most visible on them. 

Midway.png

8 minutes ago, Midway said:

Dammit. Why is it becoming so hard for major college teams to just look like their damn selves in these marquee matchups? This white set is so lifeless and it doesn't help that the armpit panels are the most visible on them. 

Agreed.  Plus, Virginia Tech and West Virginia was a pretty decent uniform matchup when both schools were in the Big East.  Just stick with the regular sets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Hearing Arizona will go white/red/white to open the season vs. Northern Arizona. Don't quote me though.

W/R/W has been one of the better combos for Zona for a while now.

a2BRS8U.png

We need fewer random alternate games and more games showcasing color vs color. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

10 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Texas A&M will wear a Hurricane Harvey helmet sticker this weekend against UCLA

http://12thman.com/news/2017/8/29/football-texas-am-to-wear-hurricane-harvey-helmet-sticker.aspx

Untitled_1.jpg.ashx?preset=medium.storyi

Texas A&M football is pretty bad, but this is cool. U of H, Rice and UT need to do the same. 

Will Oregon be using just a plain gold helmet? Or will they place green or white O helmet decals on. 

18 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Will Oregon be using just a plain gold helmet? Or will they place green or white O helmet decals on. 

They'll definitely have decals on the helmets, most likely the green O's. The EQ staff generally doesn't apply the decals until the week of the game, so that's why the players had blank helmets when they broke them in this past Saturday.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

37 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Texas A&M football is pretty bad, but this is cool. U of H, Rice and UT need to do the same. 

Are you capable of replying to a post about A&M without taking a dig at the school or football team? Grow the :censored: up. This isn't the place for petty smack talk. ESPECIALLY on a topic such as tragic as this Hurricane and flood.

Archived