College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Maryland. It's time for the Terps to get a complete new look. I had high hopes when they introduced the pennant helmets a few years ago, but they've practically abandoned those.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

For a one-off, I think these look great. Sue me.

I think this is a great alternate look for Michigan.  Florida would look better with their regular helmets though.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1 minute ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

No "RTB" all over WMU's unis this year, but the material looks cheap, the helmet is high school-esque, and the pants stripe makes them look like their shorts are riding up and they all have awful tan lines

.59ab30f728848_Screenshot(81).thumb.png.10062f06dc5cc632ff72c75967c6284e.png

Hit the nail on the head with that one, just look at the punter and #85!

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

In their motivational video for today's opener, Oregon provided a brief glimpse at the unreleased white version of their current green jerseys:

IMG_7062.thumb.PNG.226ab80322db2388269f74b03f3b9d63.PNG

You can't really see anything except for the sleeve stripes, but that's enough to tell that it's the rumored white version of the green jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here's a good look at Oregon's uniforms for today:

IMG_7064.thumb.JPG.5dc0006984ff1515b47ad96628cf638f.JPG

Unlike what their social media posts said yesterday, it looks like the players are all wearing yellow socks and tights instead of green. That's unfortunate, but I still really love this look overall.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

But still, why the diamond swoosh? That's not just for CFP teams anymore?

It's actually not the diamond swoosh. When I first saw it back in the spring/early summer I thought it was, but it's actually just a beveled silver swoosh without the diamond texture:

IMG_7068.thumb.PNG.41846560106356baafa0c6a34927686f.PNG

I'm not exactly sure why they have it now, but I could see them putting it on all of the jerseys and pants so there's some continuity there when they mix and match the different uniform elements.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Also, just from watching the game, it looks like most of the Ducks' players have the new NOB font on the jerseys, but some still have the font that was used last season. Frustrating little detail there, but other than that they look great.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

34 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here's a good look at Oregon's uniforms for today:

IMG_7064.thumb.JPG.5dc0006984ff1515b47ad96628cf638f.JPG

Unlike what their social media posts said yesterday, it looks like the players are all wearing yellow socks and tights instead of green. That's unfortunate, but I still really love this look overall.

That helmet is fantastic...one of the better ones they've worn over the last few years.  For years  we constantly laughed at Oregon for avoiding green and yellow...today they look awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived